Spray Tanning Chest Area??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals...

Had my spray tan training the other week...My trainer showed me how to spray tan the chest which if I can describe was....in a V shape from collar bone to collar bone (or there abouts) so not to get too much solution bulid up on clients chest I suppose.

BUT when it comes to tanning a male client should I adpot the same pattern? Or should I tan his chest as I would do with any clients back in just a straight down movement because he obviously doesn't have the same attributes as a woman has!?

Hope that makes sence!

Kim x

Hiya, I was very interested to hear about your collar-bone to collar-bone spraying - sorry to sound thick but do you mean horizontally, rather than vertically? I was taught to do vertical spraying from the collar-bone down, allowing for the female contours. I'm afraid I've got no experience of (spray tanning) men, but please feel free to elaborate on your horizontal spraying if you fancy it! Thanks xx

I knew I was no good at explaining things! lol

I meant in a V shape so from collar bone down to middle of chest then back up the the other collar bone.

Its ok now though think I found the answer...Think I have to spray everyone the same way because the spray from the face will also land near the chest and I dont want overspray.

Hope this all makes sence...Anyone feel free to correct me, want to make sure I'm doing it right! :eek: :lol:

Kim x

I knew I was no good at explaining things! lol

I meant in a V shape so from collar bone down to middle of chest then back up the the other collar bone.

Its ok now though think I found the answer...Think I have to spray everyone the same way because the spray from the face will also land near the chest and I don't want over spray.

Hope this all makes sense...Anyone feel free to correct me, want to make sure I'm doing it right! :eek: :lol:

Kim x

Yes you can treat similar to a female although you can almost spray the whole area as normal...I suppose it depends how much breast muscle he has..if its lean then you just spray as normal..if its pronounced then treat as a female and all inbetweenies somewhere between both the extremes.

Good luck :hug:

hi I was taught to spray the whole front verticaly as you do the back but i dont do it that way I do it very similar to you using the v shape collar bone to coller bone but what I was wondering is how do you then spray the abdomen???

do you do vertical stripes down from the breast to the top of the knicker line??

I have a question:green:
I have a friend who is going to be my guinea pig, brave lady, and she is em, trying to think of an accurate way to say it, she's not fat but I could probably put both my and both Kay's boobs in one cup of her bra:eek: Collin stop laughing:irked:
Anyway, how do I avoid her having white patches under her bust?
She's never been sprayed before, she uses tanning booths and she says in the booth, half way through her time, she lifts them up to make sure she tans in the shadows.
So, thinking this through, should I get her to lift them up, spray underneath and continue down the rest of the body, then let her let go of them and spray above and up to her face? Would this give enough time for the tan to dry? Or should I do the rest of her before coming back to her bust and face and then do her arms?

I have a friend who is going to be my guinea pig, brave lady, and she is em, trying to think of an accurate way to say it, she's not fat but I could probably put both my and both Kay's boobs in one cup of her bra:eek: Collin stop laughing:irked:
She's never been sprayed before, she uses tanning booths and she says in the booth, half way through her time, she lifts them up to make sure she tans in the shadows.
So, thinking this through, should I get her to lift them up, spray underneath and continue down the rest of the body, then let her let go of them and spray above and up to her face? Would this give enough time for the tan to dry? Or should I do the rest of her before coming back to her bust and face and then do her arms?

Shes best described as voluptuous :hug:

Under the breast area is one of the more difficult areas to treat and sometimes we create our own problems by trying to make to perfect a job here and consequentially apply to much solution which then causes secondary problems.

When we tan naturally this area never sees sunlight :eek: so doesn't normally get tanned.

There are a number of ways therapists approach this situation...some customers will wear a bra to lift etc.

Another option is to address this area first ...bend down slightly and ask the lady to hold her breasts up and spray in an upward direction under the breast area but only lightly so as not to apply to much solution and then carry on with the rest of the body as normal.

Hope all goes well for you both :hug:

Hey hun, with my big boobied ladies I take the direct approach. After tanning the back, when they turn to the front I ask them to hoik their boobs up, then tan from under the bust to the pant line (or pelvic area for my lovely confident naked gals). I then go back to the arm, over the chest, down the other arm and onto the legs as normal.

If you ask them to do it like its the most normal thing in the world then they are usually fine. I find most of my ladies would prefer it to be tanned than having those awfull smilie lines under the boobs. I don't think anyone has been offended by this method (to date).

Latest posts

Back