Spray tanning children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
Hi all, i was wondering if you pro's can steer me in the right direction.

I have been asked to spray tan a girl aged 10 and 13 for a dance competition, i have never spray tanned anybody this young before (it was the mother who contacted me to do this)

Can anybody give me any advice on what i need to do? do the same rules apply for adults as children?
Are the pre, during and post care instructions the same i.e exfoliation?

thank you
L x

Its totally safe ive drunk our solution to prove a point !! but the moral side of spraying a child of ten would concern me also i would check with your insurers as well
Another thought /angle on this do you need a crb check to work on children ??? i genuinely dont know

check with your insurance
complete parental consent form
have parent in room with you while you tan - they don't have to see the child like watch but at least be at side of tan tent

hope this helps
Was a question I asked the FHT today

Pxx

Hi there
Get the mother to sign your client record sheet and ensure that she is present whilst you are spraying them, normal pre and post tanning rules apply the same as any adult you would spray and spray as you would an adult, I tan a dance troop on a regular basis and they are great just keep reminding them not to touch the tan, I always put barrier cream on their hands as they do tend to touch to see if it's dry lol. HTH XX

My opinion on this - rightly or wrongly, is that its far better for these girls to get into safe tanning at an younger age, than go and get addicted to sunbeds and do their skin irreparable damage before they hit their twenties even! Although yes, always get parental consent and have a guardian present.

I always keep it slightly lighter with younger girls as well. For some reason - maybe hormonally because of puberty etc - I find they often darken more so than an adult of the same skin tone.

And think about a special offer for the mothers....they always come in saying how 'it's just for the youngsters'......but I find that secretly they really fancy one too! I've got some good clients from the mothers!

Last edited:
i agree completely that you should tan this child.. it defo means that they will like to have a tan and atleaste know how to do it saftly.

i would get a parent consent from signed and have the parent in the room with you :)

xxx

i agree completely that you should tan this child.. it defo means that they will like to have a tan and atleaste know how to do it saftly.

i would get a parent consent from signed and have the parent in the room with you :)

xxx

thank you all for your replys, i have sent the mum a pre,during and post tan care sheet and explained that she will have to sign my concent form on the day and also be present. the children have had spray tans before, so at least it wont be a foreign experience for them.

I totally agree that it is all to do with the parent agreeing to this and the moral issue invloved, however i would rather my child was taught from an early age the practice of safe tanning!

thansk again!

Latest posts

Back