Spray tanning dilemma, be prepared for lots of questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hello all

Brace yourself for alot of questions..

I used to use the TS20 machine but I have recently just bought the new 'Tanning Essentials rapid spray tan machine' from Nouvatan but have been having a few difficulties.

I have been finding that solution is going on heavier and the spray pattern is wider - Is this normal?
I have the gun on 2/3 and the machine on 3 (as advised by one of the Nouvatan sales team).

My cup seems to be bubbling at the seal and leaking on my hands during the treatment also? I don't fill the cup full, so can't understand why this has happened to me twice?

Along with using Nouvatan,
I used St.Tropez on a customer for the first time yesterday - does anyone find the fragrence over powering?
I used classic mist, but found there wasn't much colour when spraying the solution (unlike nouvatan) - is this normal?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I feel like going back to my TS20 and i am quite nervous about the results on my customer from using St.tropez classic mist :Scared:

picture of my new machine

Attachments

• rapid-600x600.jpg
    rapid-600x600.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 161
Hi!

I have this machine and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it so much!

I haven't had any problems though..

I have mine set to between 4 and 5 although that's what works for me, I understand everyone has a preference. I just find it flows finely, but fully on that setting if you get me?

Maybe get some paper or paper towel and play with the settings with some old or less used solution. See if you feel its better on another setting. That's what I was advised to do when I bought it. I think its also pretty dependant on the technique you are taught as to how much flow you use, depending on how far you stand from the body etc.

It does spray wider then others, but I actually prefer it this way. Again, personal preference.

Is the cup screwed on right? too full/not full enough? When I trained we were told we had to always make sure it was at least half fullish but not TOO full and make sure the cup is screwed on straight and tightly or it would cause the bubbling as the pressure is off.

Try calling Tanning Essentials directly, they would be able to answer you better and can tell you if there might be just a setting off or if you should return it.

Hopefully another geek can reply with any other possibilities

Gook luck!

x

I just got this machine last week and I love it...in sprayed my husband a few times just to get used to it...it really sprays fast where is I'm used to spending more time where I work so it has cut down the time massively. I have the gun on 1 as I used about 100ml the first time I sprayed him on 2 as I used 50ml tonight, the machine I have on 2 but might put it up after reading what laurenmaree said! I would be really interested to hear what other rapid pro users have as their settings as I'm not sure whether to turn my machine up or down next time!?

Latest posts

Back