Spray Tanning From Home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunSpray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been a mobile spray tanner for a while, have built up a decent clientele and apart from October when it was pretty dead, have a good, consistent part-time income from it.

Having children and a husband who does shift work, I'm not available for mobile work 100% of the time and occasionally my clients (those who are known to me plus friends/sister) come to my house for a tan if I'm unable to get to them. I'm pretty sure I can say that I've never lost a client because I've been unable to do their tan in their home, so I know lots of clients are willing to travel.

Normally I'm not so indecisive, but I just can't seem to work out whether offering spray tanning from home on a more formal basis would actually result in any more bookings. Unfortunately I don't have a spare room, but we've discussed partitioning off a bit of the garage. We'd put up a stud wall, paint everything white with a tiled floor and some kind of heating. It would be basic, but many people I've spoken to have said that this would be more than adequate for what is essentially a 15-20 minute treatment.

Any advice gratefully received for confused ole' me.

xx
I'm wondering if you geeks who offer spray tanning from your home have got some advice please about whether it'd be a good investment?

we have loads of girls who work from there own home and all they do is clear a space in the living room/kitchen ect and erect the pop up cubicle before the client arrives hth

I would probably do as steve has suggested and try it using a room in the house first, It would be a fairly large investment to do something like that, unless you were wanting an extra room anyway xx

I agree with Steve...clear a space in the house pop up a tent and spray away :hug:

Good luck :hug:

Hey I worked at first mobile but Ive had to move to home based tanning in the last few months and I LOVE IT!! But dont tell my clients please. First I dropped my price I charge twenty euros and used to get thirty five for mobile but that is more due to the irish ression than anything.

Why I perfer it well, firstly I dont have to go out into the cold and find a house. I dont have to find the electical socket. I also find Im more relaxed in my own home can offer a cuppa coffee and a chat. All my stuff is there and I cant forget anything!! Like my gun which i used to do alot!!

Anyway I think you should go for it, if you can afford to convert an area thats great. But the pop up tents are so flexible all you really need is a bit of privacy for your clients.

xxxx

I do most of my tanning say 70% from my home. I noticed that most of clients would actually prefer to come to my house, most of them say its easier to come to me. I find its quicker easier and more comfortable.

I have quite a big kitchen I have my tent set up all day with all stuff etc, its soooo much easier. However if client insisted i went to there home then I would, however not when tan was on offer, say if client wanted me to go to there home when doing 2 for 1 offer, i would insist they came to me. xxx

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that the few tans I do at home at the moment I do in our en suite bathroom (a decent size). However, I always feel the clients might be a little uncomfortable having to walk through the bedroom - nobody's ever said anything, and on the other hand maybe it's ME feeling uncomfortable with the current set-up.

I wouldn't mind doing it in the kitchen but there's always the possibility of the husband or children bursting in, so that wouldn't be good.

It's sounding like for a couple of hundred pounds (plus lots of heavy manual labour from the husband - you haven't seen our garage .....), it might well be a goer. Will have to ply him with drink this weekend and get him to agree.

Thanks all xx

Don't forget, if you have members of public coming to you, your household insurance needs to cover you if they have an accident whilst on your premisis. However if you're just doing people you know (friends/family) then it's not necessary.
If your home insurance provider will not cover you then Salon Gold for instance can help.:)

Don't forget, if you have members of public coming to you, your household insurance needs to cover you if they have an accident whilst on your premisis. However if you're just doing people you know (friends/family) then it's not necessary.
If your home insurance provider will not cover you then Salon Gold for instance can help.:)
Good point, thanks for reminding me! I'm with Salon Gold anyway so if the house insurance has a problem with it I can go to them.

I've already been on to the council about permission. A very helpful man told me that I'd have to register the business and they would have to come and inspect, but as I was only offering one treatment it wouldn't cost me anything.

Now I'm thinking about council tax - does anyone know how offering treatments at home would affect our (already massively high) council tax. Yet another cost to be considered .....

Thanks again
xx

Latest posts

Back