Spray tanning in filthy houses? What to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Went and did a spray tan this morning. I walked in the house and it was just pure filth.

The flooring was black with dirt, the rugs were caked with dirt, fag butts everywhere. The floor and rugs looked like they hadnt been hoovered for years. It stunk of pee and to top it all off they had 4 children.I actually wanted to heave as there was dog poo everywhere.the small dinner table was covered in old food.

What would you of done? Would you of spray tanned or just said no. How do I deal with this situation next time? I mean it was awful I actually can still smell the house.

urgh, that sounds awful. I would have said something like " I think we need to arrange somewhere else to do your spray tan where there are no children or dogs running about. Please give me a call if you can arrange a more suitable venue."

I dont think I would have wanted to put my kit down in there. What a nightmare for you xx

Oh god! What did you do? Be interesting to hear what other geeks say. I'm not mobile but sometimes people ask and I go, with spray tan I ask if they have a well ventilated area and to clear a space for me to set up.

But if that was me I'm not sure I would have done the tan, I mean faeces and old food, make me heave thinking about it, our kit isn't cheap and wouldn't want my stuff going on a filthy floor. But then again how would you word your house is dirty I can't spray tan you?!

xx

I am more concerned about the children living in that environment.

I'm not mobile but would probably have said something similar to Cath's suggestion.

Then I would fret for days about whether or not to ask Social Services to pop in for a chat to the parents.

have to agree with elliebee on this one , if it was that bad it's unhealthy for those poor kids.

My mum is a social worker and I have already spoke to her regarding the matter as I was worried about the children's health.

I have done what's needed to be done as I can't imagine my 2 children living in that mess.also the little puppy that was there I felt so sorry for it because of the bed he was sleeping in.

It really was awful and I hope they are made to clean up there act.

She will know it's me but I don't care, babies and children should not be forced to live in a hole like that and I couldn't stand by and just ignore what I have seen. Some people probably think I should of kept out of it but I did the right thing :) x

good for you ..:Love:

I'm mobile tanning for the last three years...never came across this situation...ok some houses would not be as clean as others...but no big deal...tbh I would have turned around and walked back out..no explanation... Agree with elliebee...very worried about the children xxx

That's truly horrible! Poor little kids & she's got the bloody cheek to want a spray tan? it's a bottle of flash she needs, dirty b****h!
I couldn't do mobile I'm afraid, that would break my heart to see those kids living in that, I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut ;(

[QUOTE=Nails
Well done for reporting it in some way.....

Sorry hun but were there todo a treatment not judge people (as much as we want to). If the place puts you off that much don't answer the call next time, but we can't judge people for being overweight/have poor hygiene/scruffy houses, these people are inviting us into their homes to have intimate treatments so it's up to you to make them feel comfortable. Maybe say you have a dog allergy so you can't go there but she may arrange somewhere worse! If you suspect neglect or abuse that's up to you if you feel you want to report it.

She will know it's me but I don't care, babies and children should not be forced to live in a hole like that and I couldn't stand by and just ignore what I have seen. Some people probably think I should of kept out of it but I did the right thing :) x

I admire you so much for this.

It makes my blood boil when I hear people saying "it's none of my business" "I'm not getting involved" etc As a civilised society we need to take responsibility for looking out for those who can't do it for themselves. Failing to do so makes you partly responsible (in my opinion)

Rant over. xx

Sorry hun but were there todo a treatment not judge people (as much as we want to). If the place puts you off that much don't answer the call next time, but we can't judge people for being overweight/have poor hygiene/scruffy houses, these people are inviting us into their homes to have intimate treatments so it's up to you to make them feel comfortable. Maybe say you have a dog allergy so you can't go there but she may arrange somewhere worse! If you suspect neglect or abuse that's up to you if you feel you want to report it.

I'm sorry but I don't judge people, everyone's houses are never immaculate but there is a fine line between scruffy and damn right disgusting, unfit for children and a severe warning for health.

It would be completely different if there was the odd dirty dish or the carpet hadn't been hoovered but the house was an absolute pit. If your happy for people and children to live in holes like that then that is your choice.

I as a professional person that is carrying out these personal treatments shouldn't have to work in an evrironment like that. Simple as.

I have reported her and hopefully she will be made to clean the house and let her kids live in a sanitary place like they are meant to.

Amen to that.! x

I'm sorry but it sounded like a pig sty! Children should NOT be living in dog s**t they can go blind!
We can & do judge if children have to live in that & I would have phoned to report them too.

Good on you, maybe mum will get some much needed help.

It's strange to me how many people seem to accept their dogs pooing inside... Yet they treat them like babies. If you love your animals so much invest some time on toilet training them! Geez!

I am always shocked at the kids on jersey shore always worried about tan, hair, lashes and nails... But they live in filth, running around peeing on the floor and leaving used lady products laying around. Can't judge a book by its cover!

Poor you! Sounds terrible. I have been to some untidy, dirty homes but not like this. I have several sets of towels for my spray tans to protect their floors and my equipment. One lady I went to my towels and pop up tent got stuck to her floor! Horrid! I'm glad you have reported her. Someone needs to help this lady. I wonder what else goes on in this house? What must be the bathroom like??

I am not mobile but I can honestly say that I would have walked out, and called Social Services and maybe Animal Welfare too just in case. Dog poo in the house?! Jesus wept.

As for not there to judge... Piffle!

Last edited:
I don't judge people but there is no way I would of got my kit out. Maybe the garage would of been cleaner. Poor kids but I bet there are loads of houses like that! I remember a girl at school told me she and her dad were allergic to soap best of it I believed her lol. Dirt doesn't kill anyone though if they are loved but the dog poo could harm the kids xxx

I would firstly leave and never return because I would not put my stuff, bag, tent etc on the floor like this and secondly I would call Social Services the moment I left their house.

What quality of life these people are giving to kids, what are they teaching them and what examples do they set for the kids so the kids grow as valuable members of the society? Filth, dirt, stench. No thank you.

And it annoys me that my taxes go on people like them- who can't even use the money they get from the government (and my pocket effectively) to do the only expected from them thing- bring up their own children in healthy environment!

gggrrrrrr terrible!

Latest posts

Back