Spray tanning not listed Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I was just browsing through The Guild's list of insurances and cannot find spray tanning anywhere?

I've looked and looked but I just cannot see it!

Can someone else look and tell me I'm blind? :green:

Hi guys

I was just browsing through The Guild's list of insurances and cannot find spray tanning anywhere?

I've looked and looked but I just cannot see it!

Can someone else look and tell me I'm blind? :green:

I'm sure its covered as they approve courses for it. Is it not classed just as manual tanning/application tanning?

Kate x

The guild, babtac and salon gold all cover spray tanning, I did it the old fashioned way and used the phone to talk to a real person:)

Thanks girls :)

I thought it was a bit strange and then I did find it under Application of False Tanning Products including Airbrush Tanning. Didn't think to look for it under that title! :o

Sarah. xx

p.s I would've called only I'm not sure they're open at 11pm :)

Thanks girls :)

I thought it was a bit strange and then I did find it under Application of False Tanning Products including Airbrush Tanning. Didn't think to look for it under that title! :o

Sarah. xx

p.s I would've called only I'm not sure they're open at 11pm :)

You could suggest they have an out of hours hotline lol!

Glad you found it.

Kate

I can assure you that we do cover spay tanning. If you want to join, give us a call on 0845 2177 383 or join online at www.beautyguild.com. Don't forget, if you quote Salongeek as a referral code when joining, you will get a £10 discount.

as do we; no pre-requisite required either :)

Except BABTAC require that you are level 2 qualified, so Kath told me last week.

Except BABTAC require that you are level 2 qualified, so Kath told me last week.

At some point in the past that was true, but it is definately not now. We no longer require that as a pre-requisite

I can assure you that we do cover spay tanning. If you want to join, give us a call on 0845 2177 383 or join online at www.beautyguild.com. Don't forget, if you quote Salongeek as a referral code when joining, you will get a £10 discount.

and thank goodness for that as we would be well and truly scuppered
:eek::hug::lol:

At some point in the past that was true, but it is definately not now. We no longer require that as a pre-requisite

Can you let Kath know that please, as I was looking to get some of my girls insured for this, who are purely trained in spray tan, and Kath told me that they had to be level 2. As a result of that conversation I'm looking at Salon Gold...

Can you let Kath know that please, as I was looking to get some of my girls insured for this, who are purely trained in spray tan, and Kath told me that they had to be level 2. As a result of that conversation I'm looking at Salon Gold...

I am sorry for the mix up, and this has been a comparatively recent develpment. Although having said that, I did post this in the blogs on Salongeek the 22nd June. I hope you find what you are looking for with Salon Gold; that in the end is your personal choice. We of course are more than happy to look at any requirements you may have.

Best Regards David

Just spoken with Kath, and I can confirm that you DO now cover spray tanning without the erstwhile pre-requisite of a level 2 qualification.
I'm very relieved that I didn't dream the conversation I had with her last week; I thought for a moment I was humming the Alzheimer's theme tune!

Just spoken with Kath, and I can confirm that you DO now cover spray tanning without the erstwhile pre-requisite of a level 2 qualification.
I'm very relieved that I didn't dream the conversation I had with her last week; I thought for a moment I was humming the Alzheimer's theme tune!

Good to speak Lynne - and you are most certainly not losing it :)

BABTAC do not need their courses to be taken by qualified teachers - there is always THAT year's grace and then some. I suppose we will have to wait for a test case when someone actually sues a therapist and they produce a certificate that is insured yet not taught by a qualified teacher. i believe there was such a case in Ireland a few years ago - cost the therapist NOT her trainer - it was spray tanning.

BABTAC do not need their courses to be taken by qualified teachers - there is always THAT year's grace and then some. I suppose we will have to wait for a test case when someone actually sues a therapist and they produce a certificate that is insured yet not taught by a qualified teacher. i believe there was such a case in Ireland a few years ago - cost the therapist NOT her trainer - it was spray tanning.

Well that of course is nonsense.

If there was a case in Ireland, then it certainly was nothing to do with BABTAC, because we don't even insure Ireland. Glad you put this potetially litigious post on the internet though, thanks for that, so much more 'concrete' than word of mouth

Latest posts

Back