Spray tanning over sunburn ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinaf

Reaction score
:?: Hi all, I recently had a client cancel her appointment for a full body because she was sunburnt. I dont think we covered this in my class and it is something I hadnt thought of. I was just wondering could you actually spray over sunburn and if you did what would the outcome be ?? Thanks xx

:?: Hi all, I recently had a client cancel her appointment for a full body because she was sunburnt. I dont think we covered this in my class and it is something I hadnt thought of. I was just wondering could you actually spray over sunburn and if you did what would the outcome be ?? Thanks xx

I just had my training for spray tanning and got told not to spray someone with severe sunburn not too sure what the outcome is though. X
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Clairey, was thinking that myself, Id say though there would probably be some clients that would still like to be sprayed even though they are burnt maybe hoping to cover the red. Best stay clear so !!! Thanks

As with any broken or irritated skin it really is best not applying a spray tan to skin that has been burned...

Thanks Colin, I just needed it to be clear in my head what to say if a client did actually still want a spray. Best to treat it as you said and steer clear.... Thank again x

I wouldnt generally do it to a client but i did do a longterm client/friend the other day with LIGHT sunburn she had aquired that day, the strappy top kind, and it came out fine and did disguise the lines a bit.

Hi, I had got quite burnt at the weekend from all the sun and i had a spray tan on monday. It still looks fab, a bit darker though on by burnt bits but it has helped even it out a bit.

Thanks geeks :D, thats helped a lot, I suppose with just a light bit of sun its ok then as you said to maybe just even out the lines, im delighted now i know this for future reference :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back