Spray Tanning - Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gives the best colour and lasts the Longest?

• St. Tropez

Votes: 76 19.7%
  • Su-do

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Tantrick

Votes: 92 23.9%
  • Fantasy Tan

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Sol Glo

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 98 25.5%
  • Fake Bake

Votes: 52 13.5%
  • California Tan

Votes: 23 6.0%

• Total voters
Oceana said:
I am very pale skinned and the best spray tan I have had is Sun FX, it wasn't so much the length it lasted (about 4/5 days) it was a perfect match for my skinn, it was the same colour I go with a natural tan and faded well, it didn't makeme look dirty as it was fading!
St Tropez was just awful, it stank, made me feel light headed, my skin felt awful and lasted only a day!
I do find though the traditional exfoliate and "rub in" method last longer...though are time consuming and take a while to dry!

I do like the sound of this tantrick though!!!

Next time you're in Weston you know where to come xxx

I've used several different types of tan, and am now sticking with tantricks as it is more natural and lasts so much longer on lots of my clients. They all love it, it was awkward changing from one to another but now I've changed I am so glad.

st tropez is the worst spray tan ive ever tried in my life i looked like an orange wiv legs! really impressed with fake bake, fantasy tan and sunjunkie all gave a nice colour and lasted for days.

Being a beautiful mocha coloured babe all year round I dont have to worry but as you know I LOVE to airbrush and am hooked on spray tanning! I've sprayed at least 7 different tans on my Boyf and trusty friends in the last couple of years using both HVLP & compressors.

I have found California Tan to be the best - everyone loves it and it has made me the most money, goes on a dream and developes beautifully.
St Tropez is too light and is the tan the most people (inc clients) have said they are allergic to, it also makes me gag!
Fake Bake is a little too brown for Irish skin tones tho' I spray my younger ladeez with it all the time.
One not on the list is Sun Laboratories which like the Tantrick has 2 solutions one for blue-white skin and one for sallow, this I have been using alot of recently as I got it free from Bliss to try out!
Solglo, Heavenly bodies, Sun FX, Fantasy tan & amber mist are so-so but the problems I had with some of these were they went on with a green tinge and made my client look dirty instead of bronzed & beautiful, they also didnt wear off nicely. Sun FX is the worst for wear, it produces such a lovely tan that its a shame that it comes off leaving you like a zebra!

Su-do I have sprayed once as I only had a little bottle to test and it was fine, I was told the clear solutions is great for clients with adult acne or deep scars.

Since trying all of these I have come to realise that companies that put the research in have the best results. some of these companies have not changed since 2002 when I started and newer companies like Cal Tan & Tantrick have used this to their advantage updating their machinery and solutions - one does certainly not fit all

Hope this helps

Hi Everyone, I really appreciate all your help and advice here. Many, Many Thanks :Love:

Tantrick wins hands down with me - I do Tantrick and St Tropez and there is definately a difference! Get voting everyone cos this is a really interesting poll. Thanks Samantha xx

Mrs Geek, you missed out the most natural looking tan of them all......

MagicTan.

MagicTan's solution is by far the most natural looking tan of them all, of course, IMO. That's why we have an Automatic MagicTan Booth in our salon.

Hubby! said:
Mrs Geek, you missed out the most natural looking tan of them all......

MagicTan.

MagicTan's solution is by far the most natural looking tan of them all, of course, IMO. That's why we have an Automatic MagicTan Booth in our salon.

Thanks Hubby - no one's mentioned this before... is MagicTan made by MagicTan or by someone else?;)

I use Natura-sun. They have about 10 different colours which can all be mixed to offer clients a cutomised colour.I find that it can last up to 2 weeks and get so much repeat bussiness because clients love the clolours and like to cutomise,also it dosnt smell horrible on the skin.The company are really nice to deal with and will send out samples for u to try and are able to offer the best choice of equipment which ever suits your salon and budget.I am the southern trainer and account manager but i have been a happy customer for 2 years.

I was a bit torn on this one as I like the long lastingness of Tantrick but prefer the colour of Sun Laboritries.
I find that Tantrick fades blotchy on my but maybe thats just my skin.
I have a selection of different solutions from different companies as I find that one solution regardless of the varying strengths will not suit every client.

pity Tantrick don't have distributors/instructors here :( we only have St. Tropez as far as I know and from what I've read I would have loved to try Tantrick

Hmm - PM Mandy, she may be able to do something for you! - certainly worth a try! - I wouldn't mind coming to Malta to train you - lol x

thanks! is the user name just mandy? lol would you? hehehe :)

_sabrina_ said:
thanks! is the user name just mandy? lol would you? hehehe :)

Lol - if I had to, hehe! Mandy's username is Spray2go hun. Kate xx

Thanks! I just PM'd her :)

Well I had my training yesterday with dawn at spray tan cubicle, and they are using a new one called siennasun,, the colour of me this morning is brilliant. We will just have to wait and see how long it last. And as I brought the system yesterday for my clients sake I do hope a long time.

Caroline

I honestly dont use any of them! Although I chose California because that's where I'm from!!!!

I use sun spa fantastic colour my clients Loooovvvvvvveeeeee it

Ahhh this is much better than the one I did.. results more conclusive!!!

I voted Tantrick only because thats what i use.
On myself I sometimes use St.Tropez and love it, but i dont think it lasts as long as the tantrick.
Only dared to use 8% on myself but maybe next time i will go for 10%!!:green:

Latest posts

Back