Spray Tanning - Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gives the best colour and lasts the Longest?

• St. Tropez

Votes: 76 19.7%
  • Su-do

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Tantrick

Votes: 92 23.9%
  • Fantasy Tan

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Sol Glo

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 98 25.5%
  • Fake Bake

Votes: 52 13.5%
  • California Tan

Votes: 23 6.0%

• Total voters

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am interested to have your opinions on something; which Spray Tan system gives the best colour and lasts the longest? See The Poll!

i voted for tantrick.....had one on wednesday.....still a yummy colour i had 10%:lol: so i look like a bronzed godess...........ok maybe tantrick cant do the 'godess' bit! But the tan...so far so good i loved it so much....i bought it !

Used fantasy tan b4 ....nice colour pants equipment......i personally dont like the colour of st tropez.

Amb xx

i use CaliforniaTan very nice color

Couldnt get along with St Tropez ... dunno why! But love the Tantrick ... just so lurrrrvley :)

I use California Tan right now, but have tried St Tropez, Heavenly Bodies, Fake Bake etc.

I find that it all depends on your skin type, and your lifestyle.

St Tropez only lasts 3 days max with me, at first i thought i must bewashing more than everone else lol, until i did a course.

I love Bali sun lasts for well over a week fo me and im pale and pasty

I recently saw a demo for Tantrick which seemed great, if it really does last as long as they say.

I love San Tropez but it only lasts a c3/4 days.

I have used in the past, Heavenly Bodies, Bali Sun and Fake Bake and Tantrick sprays.

I have decided to stick with Tantrick for the following reasons, not just for colour and longevity ..... I think there's more to it than just that :wink2:
  • Having the choice of solutions to tailor to your clients skin and natural tanning capability....not just one self-adjusting spray.
  • The colour lasts well, depending on skin type but even on dryer skins it lasts I'd say a good 5 days.
  • The colour is beautiful and brown, provided you have selected the appropriate strength solution for the client.
  • It fades nicely.....
  • Is doesn't contain alcohol so is less drying to the skin. I found that the solutions containing alcohol are less kind to the skin and some clients with dryer skin tended to itch.....I've not had this problem on these clients with Tantrick.
  • The equipment is fabulous virtually zero overspray and the client is virtually good to go (dry) as soon as you have finished spraying.

Ditto what Cathie says. Minimum Tantrick has lasted is 5 days, on average it lasts 9 - 12 days, and had a few that have kept for 2 weeks. Most important my clients love it and come back for more, and recommend to others.

had st tropez last week for hubbys xmas do, and it all came of in the bath, was well peed off!!! especially as i had left it well over 12hrs bofre i had a shower.

Might try tantrick if i can find somone who does it.

hi I actually use fake bake, which is probably really usless to you but I find that it works really well for me and it usually lasts up to a week or so. I found st.tropez quite disappointing as it didn't last very long and the colour faded within a matter of days.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Playgirl056 said:
had st tropez last week for hubbys xmas do, and it all came of in the bath, was well peed off!!! especially as i had left it well over 12hrs bofre i had a shower.

Might try tantrick if i can find somone who does it.

Are you sure it wasn't just the colour guide that was washed off? This is the colour that helps the operator check that it has gone on nice and evenly, but it's not the actual tan which develops within 5 - 12 hours.

I use SUN JUNKIE, it's a fab spray tanning system they say it only lasts 5 - 10 days but I had a client who said it last on her for 2 weeks .x.x.x. :D

Thank you all for the replies so far... I really know nothing about the tanning industry and maybe I wasn't good with my choices on offer... really appreciate your comments. If anything else come to mind let me know :hug:

I voted Tantrick -
I have trained and used St Tropez and Fake Bake lotions before St Tropez doesnt suit my skin tone and goes a strange orange colour, Fake Bake my preferance of the 2 is nice but quite subtle IMHO. I have also used Eco tan spritz on which is also nice and a great homecare item where by you can build up a colour.
I havent had any other spray tan to compare with but love Tantrick - I was inspired by the raves on here about Tantrick and decided to go for it purely based on Geeks rec's. Its fantastic! No overspray, no drying alcohol, no streaking or patching, no orange! I love the options you have with Tantrick no mono toned tanning everyone can go to their own preferred depth of tan - to quote my price list
' 4 levels of tan to ensure a beautiful colour tailored to your own skintone'
Tailor made tanning - like custom blending, I have a client who has 10% on her body and 8% on her face and it looks fantastic. On most clients Tantrick lasts 7 days before fading.
HTH Mrs G
KxXx

nemotail said:
I voted Tantrick -
I have trained and used St Tropez and Fake Bake lotions before St Tropez doesnt suit my skin tone and goes a strange orange colour, Fake Bake my preferance of the 2 is nice but quite subtle IMHO. I have also used Eco tan spritz on which is also nice and a great homecare item where by you can build up a colour.
I havent had any other spray tan to compare with but love Tantrick - I was inspired by the raves on here about Tantrick and decided to go for it purely based on Geeks rec's. Its fantastic! No overspray, no drying alcohol, no streaking or patching, no orange! I love the options you have with Tantrick no mono toned tanning everyone can go to their own preferred depth of tan - to quote my price list
' 4 levels of tan to ensure a beautiful colour tailored to your own skintone'
Tailor made tanning - like custom blending, I have a client who has 10% on her body and 8% on her face and it looks fantastic. On most clients Tantrick lasts 7 days before fading.
HTH Mrs G
KxXx
Brilliant thank you.... when you say 8%, 10% whay does this mean exactly?

Sorry Mrs G I wasnt very clear -
Tantrick have 4 different solutions of DHA % (DHA - is the active solution which reacts with your starch to give the colour) 5%, 8%, 10% & 12% the % solution used is determined by the clients skin tone, how they react to sun exposure and personal preferance (i.e darker in summer and a lighter tan in winter). I would place the 8% solution as an average medium skin tone so 5 is for pale and pasty blue skins like me, 10 for a darker skin tone and 12 for dark olive/ mediterannean skin tones. I find a better way to tan becuase it gives the client choice and means if they try a shade and would like to go darker or lighter next time it can be done easily. Stuart also explained about how body sculpting can be done using the different solutions to give the illusion of muscle definition - how cool is that?
Hope I have explained this ok - sure Mandy will correct me if I havent!
HTH
KxXx

nemotail said:
Sorry Mrs G I wasnt very clear -
Tantrick have 4 different solutions of DHA % (DHA - is the active solution which reacts with your starch to give the colour) 5%, 8%, 10% & 12% the % solution used is determined by the clients skin tone, how they react to sun exposure and personal preferance (i.e darker in summer and a lighter tan in winter). I would place the 8% solution as an average medium skin tone so 5 is for pale and pasty blue skins like me, 10 for a darker skin tone and 12 for dark olive/ mediterannean skin tones. I find a better way to tan becuase it gives the client choice and means if they try a shade and would like to go darker or lighter next time it can be done easily. Stuart also explained about how body sculpting can be done using the different solutions to give the illusion of muscle definition - how cool is that?
Hope I have explained this ok - sure Mandy will correct me if I havent!
HTH
KxXx

Hey - I'm coming to you girl. I would be in the 10% area I think (I go really brown in the sun) - feel like a snow flake right now! Thanks for explaining - fell better now! :o

You got it Babe! I would def put you at a 10%, you gotta get a Tantrick Tan you would love it - shame you are so far away I could have done you tonight!
He He! you a snowflake - next to you I would be blue - a pure scottish thistle! Seriously though Tantrick is brilliant, I just love it and wouldnt consider going back to lotion application now I have used it.
KxXx

I am very pale skinned and the best spray tan I have had is Sun FX, it wasn't so much the length it lasted (about 4/5 days) it was a perfect match for my skinn, it was the same colour I go with a natural tan and faded well, it didn't makeme look dirty as it was fading!
St Tropez was just awful, it stank, made me feel light headed, my skin felt awful and lasted only a day!
I do find though the traditional exfoliate and "rub in" method last longer...though are time consuming and take a while to dry!

I do like the sound of this tantrick though!!!

Latest posts

Back