Spray Tanning Queries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawnieF

Reaction score
Hi there
I am thinking of going into spray tanning and wondered firstly which machines are best for mobile tanning, secondly can you use any product with any machine and lastly, which is the best product?
Thanks
DawnieF

Welcome to confused.com lol, ok grab a cuppa, use the search facility and type in Spray Tan and enjoy!! I an also looking lol, and have sent myself googly eyed :)

What Ive read so far is that You can use any liquid in the machines, just need to decide who you are going to do training with as good customer service/ education is the key.

Good luck
Sue x x

Thanks Sue. I have googled this several times and end up just as confused as ever! Will persevere. Have read lots about smelly products and lots of contradictory comments. Dawn

Personally i use Couture and me and my clients love it but as said in the other posts there are lots to choose from and so take your time. Have fun. : )

you dont have to spend a fortune on a machine personally i recommend the hvlp5008 we used to sell the t100 and the t200 that is recommended by other company's but had a few issues with its reliability so stopped supplying it with our kits we can still supply it but only if a client insists
we have been using a demo 5008 machine that has been doing at least 5 tans a day for 13 months and we have had no issues with it and the only problem we have had is a leaky trigger on 2 machines that is an easy DIY fix out of 100s sold
and you can use it with any solution as the needle is adjustable so will cope with all solution types as they do differ in thickness/viscosity

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Steve the HV5008 is the leading tan machine in the UK and really competitively priced.

There are many excellent solutions out there at the minute and once your up and running request some samples from any companies that appeal to you. Have a play about and see what you love to work with and what your clients love too. All I can say is that there is not a 'best' solution but a 'best solution for you'. We all have our faves.

With regards to training ensure you get back up and support long after the day itself as this is often when we have the problems. Customer service is paramount, and if you speak to a few companies you will see who are happy to give you the time of day and who isn't.

Good luck with your new career!

Kate x

I couldn't agree more with comments above. I started out mobile about 5 months ago after being trained with Couture. With Couture they gave me samples away with me and advised to phone around for other samples which I really liked and didn't feel obliged or pressured to go with their product. I was amazed at the different results I got from various solutions. In the end I do use Couture but still looking as I want to offer my clients a wider range. Also, I can phone up my trainer any time for advice.

I would agreewith Kate above, that you will find the right solution for yourself.

As far as tanning equipment... I actually have the Shadez 'pig' and not a hint of bother so far. I have read some good reviews and some not so good but my wee pig can sure spray :) Tent is great too!

Good luck x

You need to train with a company that has good customer service and make sure your course is accredited.
Once you have done your training you can use any solution.
You really need to sample lots and find a solution which works for you as everyone will have different experiences.
Fake Bake and St.Tropez are 2 of the largest companies and are very well known but i don't like either of them.
As has already been said, Couture is a nice colour but they only offer 2 different strengths.
Tantrick is very popular on here but it's not for me.
I use Nouvatan and LA Tan as these are the ones i personally found best.
You will get people that think Fake Bake and St.Tropez are the best and that's fine if it works for them.
People swear by all the others too but they will have sampled lots and choosen their solution based on customer feedback, colour of the tan, how well it fades etc......
Only you can decide which solution works best for you.
Most companies will send you free samples, so ring around and enjoy playing about with them.
Don't stress about it :)

I am looking around for a product in Canada right now and it seems like a market ready for the picking if you catch my drift.. no training, nothing (unless I am looking in the wrong places). Anyone got any recommendations?:cry:

I am looking around for a product in Canada right now and it seems like a market ready for the picking if you catch my drift.. no training, nothing (unless I am looking in the wrong places). Anyone got any recommendations?:cry:

I agree Canada is pretty poorly serviced...this might help you www.tantrick.us

In terms of selecting a solution and a brand..well therapists ,dealers and distributors alike will all put what they use forward as being the best there is..and of course in there minds eye it most certainly is.

So in essence you need to find out which suits you specific and posting here is a good start to hear what others use.

You need to do your own further research...hit the search button top right of the screen...do google searches and then ring the companies to get a feel for how they deal with your enquiry over the phone.

Get a short list down to 3 possibles then go get a spray tan and then make a decision from there.

HTH :hug:

Last edited:
Oh dear dawnieF you must be pulling your hair out. Just to confuse you more :lol: ask your potential solution suppliers what type of tan theirs is e.g does it produce a natural golden result or the other type which is a more matt brown result. Both are great and you are offering your customer what they want. There are no spray police that tell you, you must only use one brand. But, just dont get two of the same 'type'.
Go for it as its a great fun treatment well worth this nightmare in choosing.
Dawn :hug:

Hi Dawn,

What everyone else has already said above is great advice. I am fairly new to spray tanning, I did my training with Tantrick at the beginning of August and after I had done my training I started shopping around for equipment & sampling lots of solutions.

I've now settled on Suntana as I & my clients love the range of solutions & the natural golden brown colour it gives you. So far I've had a lot of repeat business with this brand so I'm sticking with it.

I do want to offer another brand along side this & am looking for a more 'brown' solution as mentioned above. Haven't found another brad I really love yet but I am still getting samples & will continue to try out different products until I'm 100% sure on what I want to offer alongside Suntana.

Have fun trying out the different solutions available & you will find one that works for you & that gets you repeat business.

I had lots of samples sent to me and iv just done my course with sienna x, and the tan smells great ,not like some iv tryed that smell like potatoes to me lol.Get a sample and try it yourself. 08001313151 or www.sienna-x.co.uk good luck.:)

Thanks to everyone, I'm gonna go for it!

Latest posts

Back