Spray tanning quick question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i haven't really had much practise of spray tanning recently, i did my training only a couple of months ago and did a couple then that went quite well but none since and have forgotten some technique. I had all my stuff out yesterday and thought id try and spray tan myself, obvioulsy not an easy task and i am a little stripey lol (only did my legs and belly) but it did throw up a couple of questions that i cant remember from my training. I've had a look through my manual and cant see the answers there and can't find it after searching!
How far is the best distance from spray tan gun to clients body? and also how fast should you move the gun? I use an hvlp 5008 and am sienna x trained.
Thanks geeks xx

I spray about 6-8 inches from the body.
How fast you spray depends on how fast you have the liquid coming out. Some people prefer to spray quicker so have the gun a bit higher whilst others prefer to turn it down and spray slower. Also the viscosity of the liquid varies from brand to brand. I use two different brands and have to adjust my gun accordingly as one is a lot runnier than the other so i have to turn my gun down.
Try practising on some couch roll to get the flow you desire.
Everyone is different so just keep practising and you will find the way the feels best for you. :)

I spray about 6-8 inches from the body.
How fast you spray depends on how fast you have the liquid coming out. Some people prefer to spray quicker so have the gun a bit higher whilst others prefer to turn it down and spray slower. Also the viscosity of the liquid varies from brand to brand. I use two different brands and have to adjust my gun accordingly as one is a lot runnier than the other so i have to turn my gun down.
Try practising on some couch roll to get the flow you desire.
Everyone is different so just keep practising and you will find the way the feels best for you. :)

amen to that :hug:

i spray about 6 inches from the body obviously pulling away around wrists and ankles, i always test with some kitchen towel or whatever before and it will leave a spray mark of about 4 inches?
I just go at a natural pace enough so that it is seen on the body but not oversprayed if this makes sense im sure youll know whats right when you continue to tan!

Hi everyone, i haven't really had much practise of spray tanning recently, i did my training only a couple of months ago and did a couple then that went quite well but none since and have forgotten some technique. I had all my stuff out yesterday and thought id try and spray tan myself, obvioulsy not an easy task and i am a little stripey lol (only did my legs and belly) but it did throw up a couple of questions that i cant remember from my training. I've had a look through my manual and cant see the answers there and can't find it after searching!
How far is the best distance from spray tan gun to clients body? and also how fast should you move the gun? I use an hvlp 5008 and am sienna x trained.
Thanks geeks xx

Are you far away from your trainer?

She may spend a half hour going over it with you again if you were to take a model in?

xx

That all depends on colour and how good you are at being fast and putting it on ( hope that makes sense) I stand quite close and move fast, making sure not to go over areas over and over again - i think you have to be close enough to see the solution going onto the skin. : )

Latest posts

Back