Spray tanning - return customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

NEVERTOOTANNED

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been spray tanning at home and mobile for about 3 months now. I have quite busy Wed and Thurs nights and have about 6 clients a week (I only do evenings and weekends).

Firstly, is this a lot or not many clients? How many do you have for doing part-time?

Also (more importantly) I'm yet to have a repeat customer! I never have any complaints and sometimes follow it up and they say it's perfect, but apart from one woman booking in the next week then cancelling last-minute I haven't had even one!

Am I going for the wrong type of client? Most of mine are having a tan for a special occasion/wedding whereas I want to target the party girls who want a tan more or less permanently.

It's getting me down a bit now :-( any advice would be FAB!

kizzycat

Reaction score
aww dont get down. i think diong 6 a week sounds great just diong it part time. If you are worried about whethe you did a good job or not, you could always send the people you tanned a discount voucher, be it a percentage or an amount to be used within a certain date - say a month.

you could say soemthing like "as a valued customer I would like to offer you 20% off your next tan (this is valid until XXXXXXXX) Why not recommend a friend and they will also get 20% off their tan.

Obviuosly you dont have to use that, I was just giving that as an example.

Dont lose heart, 3 months isnt that long and it is only just getting into the weather where people actually want to bear an arm or leg. keep your chin up

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi

Im about to go mobile (well in the next few weeks) and in my plans I was aiming for between 6 - 10 tans a week within the first 3 months. I personally wouldnt be too worried about no repeat customers if you've already identified them as a special occasion tanner - the next place to look is where to get the 24/7 tanners maybe local gyms/zumba classes maybe?

Do you have a loyalty scheme Im planning on having a business cards with a stamp thing on the back collect 9 stamps get your tenth tan free

Hope that helps abit!

Dont be disheartened!!

xx

amys-beauty

Reaction score
Hiya, 6 tans a week after 3 months is great! I'm with Sienna-X and they sent me loyalty cards, they're really good after 12 tans/recommend a friend/book again within 2 weeks/buy a retail product etc they get a free tan. I've put my own expiry date on it of 5 months and it's going down well! Proms are coming up next so I would be thinking about getting ready and advertising for them :) xx

misslatham

Reaction score
Dont be disheartened thats a damn sight more than im getting!! Always telling myself it will pick up soon lol (its been almost a month). What advertising are you doing out of interest? I've done a leaflet drop, Facebook, and a multi-text around family and friends. Hardly anything yet :/ xx

peartree

Reaction score
Dont be disheartened thats a damn sight more than im getting!! Always telling myself it will pick up soon lol (its been almost a month). What advertising are you doing out of interest? I've done a leaflet drop, Facebook, and a multi-text around family and friends. Hardly anything yet :/ xx

Or me! Had a few when weather was nice but since the rain came its been pants 😊

JulesC

Reaction score
I've been mobile for 2 months and have found most of my business through Facebook but have hardly any clients local to me. I too am wondering how to widen my market. I have 4 clients this week but sometimes only have 2. People are repeat booking so i don't think I'm doing anything wrong. It's hard getting established isn't it? x

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
You're doing really well! You must be doing good advertising if your getting 6 new clients a week :) soon enough you'll probably start seeing them coming back for their next special occasion!

NEVERTOOTANNED

Reaction score
I average about 6 but some weeks I only get 2! It's ok though as I understand it will get more in the summer and stuff.

Good idea with the loyalty schemes. I will def look into that. I want to do more tanning parties too, so make it worthwhile for friends to group together and do it.

Re my marketing - I just have a website and listed myself on a few sites as suggested by the wonderful Lynne Barker on here. I also do flyering on occasion, and have a fbook page, but I don't really get anything through fbook. How do you find local ppl on there?

cerise

Reaction score
I average about 6 but some weeks I only get 2! It's ok though as I understand it will get more in the summer and stuff.

Good idea with the loyalty schemes. I will def look into that. I want to do more tanning parties too, so make it worthwhile for friends to group together and do it.

Re my marketing - I just have a website and listed myself on a few sites as suggested by the wonderful Lynne Barker on here. I also do flyering on occasion, and have a fbook page, but I don't really get anything through fbook. How do you find local ppl on there?
i find lots of my clients are for special occassions and only have a few regular customers, i think special offers work well for example £5off your next spray tan, week long offers, 2 tans for ££ and i put everyones birthday on a calander (i get thier birthdays from the consultation cards) and send them a half price tan or free tan for thier birthdays which works well because most of the time they bring a friend who pays. but i think your doing brilliant for 3 months :)

twinkle

Reaction score
hiya, i have been doing mobile tanning now for over a year. I get loads of clients that re book me every other week. I offer loyalty cards, get 5 spray tans get 6th free. or i do group booking a little cheaper as im not using my car to run around. so i save on fuel. hope it helps hun. x

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much, it's still early days for you & it's only just getting to the season when people generally start having tans. you sound like your already doing pretty well to me. x

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
I've been mobile tanning exactly a year, this week I've done 12 tans but next week I've only 3 booked so far.
I live in a small town and it takes a while for word of mouth to get round so I wouldn't worry, try offering half price tans to some hairdressers who will pass on your details to clients to get word spread round quicker and I also done £5 off your first tan.
Xxxxxxxxx

Steph86

Reaction score
Don't worry, I have customers returning 6 months after their last... Tans are usually 'event' treatments. Xx

Latest posts