Spray tanning solutions in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

always00smiling

Reaction score
Hello ladies of Aus!

I have recently moved to Sydney and would like to know which spray tanning solutions you use and would recommend I try? I used to offer Sienna X and Su-do solutions in the UK as I like offering a natural looking tan that is subtle and long lasting - what would you say is the equivalent tan here?

I suppose another obvious question which that leads to is which suppliers do you use to buy the products?

Thank you for your help :)

I might not be much help but didn't want to read and run :) I'm in Melbourne and we currently use Vani-T solution which is a really lovely colour (not sure how similar it is to the Sienna X though). Also Tuscan tan is very popular too so you could always ring the Sydney distributors for some samples. Hth xx

Hi, thank you that gives me a starting point! A friend mentioned Black Magic being a popular one - have you tried that one? :)

No I haven't but I might keep an eye out for it now :) naked tan is a great one to try too so you've got quite a few options xx

Hi I don't offer tanning but you could contact Salon First and National Salon Supplies, EzNailz, and CNE.
Will send you a pm with contact numbers.

Custom tan is an australian and has a violet based 2hour tan solution and a green based regular solution. I never tried it out myself but it sounds good. Also heard very good things about vani-t.

Hi Dol, thank you, that would be great. I have registered with Salon First but hadn't heard of the others. It's amazing how hard it is to try to obtain the right information about insurance, suppliers etc when you are new to a country so your help is very much appreciated x :)

Australia is awash with spray tanning companies, most of which come and go in a fairly short space of time.

The reputable, salon quality tanning companies will not sell to direct to the public and supply trade only.

The leaders in the tanning industry in Australia are Vani-T, Techno Tan, Naked Tan, Bonza Bronz and Black Magic (although Black Magic sell to non-trade).

I use Oz tan 1hr tan it's excellent colour and fade of is natural don't even notice it going. Most of my clients leve on for 2 hrs to get a deeper tan. 2 hrs is maximum time. I've used black magic and like that too.

I used naked tan for years but apparently they have recently changed their formulas and it's not as good as it used to be. St Tropez is always good and I did a test patch of each on a girl, NT on the back of one thigh and ST on the other and I was mortified when I saw the NT it looked full blown orange next to the ST! ST is always a nice colour although the 5 hour wait to wash it off puts me off using it on myself. My clients have no problems with it though

I would recommend oztan comes in 2 hr natural, medium and dark and a 1 hr. They are lovely green based natural looking tans - sent my teen to school with a natural depth tan cause the kids were calling her an emo and no one picked it:) Your best bet is to buy direct from them (their contact details are on their web site), I use oztans compressor and gun and just loooove it!
I have seen Black Magic it was natural looking. Naked Tan and Techno Tan are a bit orange IMO I'll give it to them that they smell lovely but too fake looking for my liking.

I agree I had a massage client who had naked tan was day 4 and it was so blotchy I wouldn't even trial it. St tropez on myself and another client went orange she has now changed to me as she wanted a tan and was scared of doing it again after st tropez. She reported back tan fade of was great colour a bit dark for her she is very fair and she left it for 1 1/2 hrs so next time will do 1 hr. No orange tones though. So far everyone I've sprayed has looked natural.

Thanks geeks! I have lots of ideas now. Oztan sounds great with a 1 hr wash off, I wondered how people deal with 8 hrs whilst sweating in the heat...ahha they don't cos you use a shorter developing time!

Now I've got to teach my hubby to tan me so I get to trial them....eek! Thank god for no school for the next 6 weeks!

Xx

Latest posts

Back