Spray Tanning the hands/wrists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Recently had a problem with one ladys wrists during a spray tan.

At the end of her spray I did the usual, wipe away moisturiser from her palms and hands and came to blend at the wrists. I noticed when wiping, her tan just came away 'streak like'. She couldnt remember if she'd applied perfume to her wrists before she came.

Now im also wondering, since my usual barrier cream was out of stock, I was sent a moisturiser which is said to have acted as a barrier to the tan as well as moisturise. I am going to give them a call about this tomorrow. Any other ideas what may have caused this? x

Hi there

Chances are she did have perfume or body lotion on.

I have had a similar problem when a client left on deoderant (under the arms). I wiped off and re-applied tan.

I told her to contact me if there was a problem the next day as I thought it would blend in. She was fine.

Got it sorted! Less cream around the wrists sorted my problem. Plus it did kind of look like perfume had left a 'squirted' sort of appearance in the tan. Either way the tan developed fine. Thanks for your reply x

Latest posts

Back