Spray Tanning With No Sticky Feet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hi All...

I have got a little problem on my hands!!

I have 5 tans booked for tomorrow and my sticky feet order has not arrived. I never normally run out but I have had a problem with my delivery this week!

I always put a clean towel at the bottom of the tent,apply barrier cream to the soles and then ask the client to step on to the sticky feet. I am just a but worried that without the sticky feet, there is a chance of my clients stepping in to the spray that falls to the floor during the tan!!

Do you think I will get away with out using the sticky feet this once?? XX

I never use sticky feet and never have any problems, if it makes you feel better you could stand them on a couple of sheets of couch roll or kitchen roll x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Me neither i just wipe over the soles of their feet with a wipe after.

I used to use sticky feet but my clients moaned about them being too sticky so now i just use couch roll on top of a towel. DO NOT use a towel just on its own as it will soak up solution and transfer onto your clients feet.

Hope that helps :)

i dont use sticky feet either and no problems, just have a few towels ready!

Great - thanks guys!! xx

I use a towel on its own and don't have a problem but I do spray quite dry.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If you have excess solution to the point where you're worried the client will get black feet then you're spraying too wet! Which above all else is a waste of solution and is costing you money! :Scared:

I only ever use a towel and a bit of barrier cream. I also get the client to put cream on the tops of their feet too, so they dont grab the tan too much.

...I have almost a full pack of sticky feet left from where I've tried them, and not liked them lol. I could of sent you some if I'd seen this earlier lol.

Agree with everyone else, I've got a bunch of sticky feet sitting within my tanning unit but I never use them. I just use a clean towel.

Jacqui xx

I don't use sticky feet either...just apply barrier cream to the soles of the feet then give them a wipe when you've finished the tan xx

I too used to used sticky feet but they were sometimes soooo difficult to remove! I now use 'cling film' it is brilliant as it can be moulded around their feet and stays on whilst they turn around to be tanned and can be pulled off with no problems!

what a brilliant idea! - what do you do, tear off a bit of film and get them to stand on it - does it not go over the top of the foot and spoil the spray?

Sue

If you have excess solution to the point where you're worried the client will get black feet then you're spraying too wet! Which above all else is a waste of solution and is costing you money! :Scared:

I only ever use a towel and a bit of barrier cream. I also get the client to put cream on the tops of their feet too, so they dont grab the tan too much.

...I have almost a full pack of sticky feet left from where I've tried them, and not liked them lol. I could of sent you some if I'd seen this earlier lol.

Hi Everyone...
Thank you for getting back to me. I did my tans today and wiped over the soles at the end just to be sure.

I dont spray wet at all. I was trained to put a clean towel at the bottom of the tent for each tan, then to apply barrier cream and use sticky feet, so that is all I have ever done. The tent is never wet at the bottom, but i was just worried about my clients stepping in to the mist from the spray as it falls to the floor!

Thanks for all of your advice, it is much appeciated and maybe I could save myself a few pounds on sticky feet in the future now that I have heard they are not essential!!

Thanks again!!

Terri xx

Yes, I tear two pieces off and place them on my couch roll - the client can just step onto them and I gently move the film around their feet so that it does not come up the sides - it does the same job as the sticky feet but is just sooooo much easier to remove and ofcourse - alot more cost effective!

i use barrier cream and place a sheet of kitchen roll to it and it sticks on , cheap and effective :Love:

To spray 5 people just using towels would mean using and washing 5 towels!
It would be a lot less grief to use couch roll on top. That way you change it inbetween cleints and just throw it.

I agree with everyone else. I never use sticky feet. I just lay a towel down and cover it with a sheet of couch roll.

x

Latest posts

Back