Spray Tans and Swimming Pools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpie

Reaction score
Hi I know im clutching at straws but after tanning a client tonight they told me how much there were looking forward to going in the pool at the hotel where they are attending a wedding - i had to give her the bad news at what the pool water will do with her tan - does anyone know anyway round this? would applying waterproof sun tan lotion help?

I had a pre hols tan a couple of weeks ago before we went to egypt, and did nt expect it to last very long in the swimming pool and sea ect i had my tan done wearing small shorts and i always wear long shorts on hols so i could see the fake tan fading and the sun tan coming up by my opposing tan lines
My spray tan actually lasted 4 days obviously it fades a lot quicker than normally as it usually lasts at least 7 to 10 days on me
Pre hols tans are very popular and we just explain that the fade off will be quicker due to the chlorine in the pool HTH

I tan every week and swim regularly, I find it does slightly strip the tan but not too bad and gives even all over fade, recommend letting their skin dry off naturally or pat dry .. basically dont rub with towel!! Rinse well down after and moisturise.

Pre holiday tans big with me, I recommend fair as find it just blends away as there sun tan starts to develop.

remeber the oil free suncream :D this should help a bit, but it will still fade faster, why no retail some cream or mousse (sorry did'nt check what brand you use :olol) to take on hols hthxx

Hi I know im clutching at straws but after tanning a client tonight they told me how much there were looking forward to going in the pool at the hotel where they are attending a wedding - i had to give her the bad news at what the pool water will do with her tan - does anyone know anyway round this? would applying waterproof sun tan lotion help?

Of course the chlorine used in the pool water is a bugger for stripping a spray tan however to mitigate the stripping effect simply apply a good moisturiser before entering the water...not to much now as you dont want to create an oil slick larger than the one BP are trying to deal with right now:eek::lol::lol:,

After your swim and a good shower to remove the moisturiser and any residue chlorine and before retiring to bed apply a moisturiser fortified with DHA which will go some way to rebuilding any lost tan.

HTH :hug:

Using a high quality SPF 30+ Waterproof Sunblock will assist with keeping the chlorine from eating away at the spray tan. Quick dips rather than long swims should be recommended and pat dry with a towel rather than rub dry.

Latest posts

Back