SSW - Tinting grey hairs/eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats interesting as I though that the Salon System one was also 10% - that why it wasnt getting the colour to take on the grey hairs then!

Definaely changing to Combinal now!
Cant remember what Salon Systems one is,as havn't used for many years now,college days:)

But,I get really good results with Combinal and really like it.HTH

Hi. I also use the Combinal, I believe that it is 10% peroxide

I believe that you need 20 vol (6%) to cover grey hair in hair tinting.
Yes you are correct Cathie

first off, most eyebrow tints are 3% peroxide?..
Haircolor developers are 3%=10 V 6 %= 20V 10%=30v

If combinal if 10%..that is 30V. developer which is Way stronger than I would ever use.
Something is wrong with this picture..it just doesn't compute.
You have also got to look at the "pigment " that is in the color system you are using..do any of you know the pigment ratio of the eyebrow/lash tint you are using?

Perhaps babs meant 10vol?? which is 3%

You can't get higher than 3% for lash and brow peroxide

Perhaps babs meant 10vol?? which is 3%

You can't get higher than 3% for lash and brow peroxide
Yes Kooky,it's not possible to get higher than 3% and indeed Combinal is 10% volume(stabilised peroxide)

However I dont agree that it's not possible to tint grey hair with less than 6% otherwise how have I and many other therapists managed to cover the grey hairs on our clients brows???Dosn't make sense:eek:

It's no easy task,granted but it can be achieved and indeed most of my clients who have brow tints want it done because of greys.
Also there is NO peroxide in the actual tints only the activator.HTH

through experiance of tinting my mums eyelashes i find if iperm them first then tint them the grey covers with no problem and as far as her eyebrows are cdoncerned i use brown tint and this seems to look better hope this helps:idea:

Latest posts

Back