St Tropez help???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if any of you St Tropez users could help me out?

I have a client coming to me next week who has always had spray tans with St Tropez.

I use Tantrick.

She has decided she wants to give Tantrick a go.

I wondered what the deal was with St Tropez. Are there varying strengths that you apply, or is it one spray lotion that suits all skin types?

Just wanted to have some background so I can, at least, look informed :lol:

Thanks for your help. :hug:

Thanks for the reply but I'm more interested in the Spray solution than the manually applied cream.:hug:

I went into a salon last month to ask about their spray tanning ( i was been nosy) they used st tropez and told me that the spray tan was very pale and didnt last as long as the manual tan, the manual tan was much darker and lasted longer hth

The spray tan isn't pale, it gives a lovely natural look, which can be built up to achieve a really dark colour. A lot depends on the skin you are starting with, I am naturally pale and don't tan at all, but get a good colour with St Tropez (similar to spending a week in the caribbean for a normal bod!:) ). A friend of mine who tans as soon as the sun comes out goes much darker with exactly the same application.

There aren't different strengths, but it does work well with all skin tones - I haven't had an orange one yet. I haven't done the manual application, only ever spray tan, so don't know about the difference in how long it last from personal experience. But I do know that once sprayed, as with any tan, it depends on how you treat it as to how long it lasts! I top mine up weekly, but then I am addicted.:)

HTH

xxxxxxxxxxx sugar xxxxxxxxxxx

My friend used to have St.Tropez spray tan when we were at college & nobody used to believe it was St.Tropez as it was orange, proper tango effect !

Its quite strange really as the manual tan is such a lovely deep brown colour. One of clients had it done & she was orange to. She told me they only have one strength.

Hi Claire

Find out what skin type your client has and how she would normally tan in the sun. If she tans really well and has had no problem with going orange then I would suggest you use the 10%.

If you're in any doubt, use the 8% and suggest that if she would like to go darker next time then she can have the 10%.

Always select the solution by the skin type and the colour the client would naturally go in the sun - don't worry about what product they have used previously unless they have gone orange, in which case use a lighter solution to begin with to regain their confidence.

If you need any help, you know where we are hun.

All the best

Mandy x

My friend used to have St.Tropez spray tan when we were at college & nobody used to believe it was St.Tropez as it was orange, proper tango effect !

Its quite strange really as the manual tan is such a lovely deep brown colour. One of clients had it done & she was orange to. She told me they only have one strength.
I use hands on St Tropez and as Bombini says its a lovely brown colour.I dont know about the spray tans but I cant see why they cant be built up.Also Victoria Beckham has her own spray booth that St Tropez gave her and she never looks orange does she???

I dont know a great deal about this but would be interested as a possible investment in the future.I shall be watching this with interest.

Victoria always looks nice and taned however there is a picture of her when she first moved to madrid and she did look like she had been tangoed.

I think it is true the St Tropez spray does come out lighter than the hand applied one. I think if your client has been using St Tropez then the 10% will be fine. I know that my skin is pale and I use an 8% solution but in the summer I could get away with using St Tropez but not in the winter. So if your client can use St Tropez all year round I think you will find the 8% will be to light for her.

Latest posts

Back