Stained nails and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score
Evening Geeks,

I did a Shellac manicure on a lady this morning and she had quite badly stained nails from using self tanning cream. She chose Clearly Pink so there was no covering it up!

Does anyone have any advice I could pass on to get rid of or lessen the staining? (I suppose she could wear gloves when applying the cream for the future).

Many thanks for any tips x

She will have to or she will also stain the Shellac. She, or you, could try a buffing cream when you remove the Shellac or Cutucle Away can often remove staining as it is mostly cuticle on the nail that is stained.

Isn't there a CND nail whitener product? I seem to remember seeing one in the catalogue. Would that be any good?

She will have to or she will also stain the Shellac. She, or you, could try a buffing cream when you remove the Shellac or Cutucle Away can often remove staining as it is mostly cuticle on the nail that is stained.

Any suggestions for a buffing cream please? I think it's mainly on the underside of the nail - I did use Cuticle Away but it still remained quite stained.

Many thanks Geeg.

Any suggestions for a buffing cream please? I think it's mainly on the underside of the nail - I did use Cuticle Away but it still remained quite stained.

Many thanks Geeg.

I have used (and retailed very well) a product called Nail Brite for years and years. Sweet Squared sell it. Great for exactly the job you want and comes with its own cute scrub brush! :D

Gardeners love it, horsey ladies love it, hairdressers love it even mechanics and decorators love it. I've sold countless bottles of it.

Nailbrite? Would that work on nicotine stains I wonder?

Happy days! Thanks x

I have used (and retailed very well) a product called Nail Brite for years and years. Sweet Squared sell it. Great for exactly the job you want and comes with its own cute scrub brush! :D

Gardeners love it, horsey ladies love it, hairdressers love it even mechanics and decorators love it. I've sold countless bottles of it.

Perfect, thanks :)

Geeg - For stains under the nail - can Nail Brite be used whilst wearing Shellac or only once removed? I'm thinking when stains shows through the lighter colours?

Geeg - For stains under the nail - can Nail Brite be used whilst wearing Shellac or only once removed? I'm thinking when stains shows through the lighter colours?

You could you it; I see no reason why not!

Latest posts

Back