Star Nails VF21 what am i doing wrong???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Okay so i walked walking around aston & fincher and i don't know what pocessed me but i brought VF21 Acrylic and oh my god am i having a nitemare with it!

Tried it on a friend because i hadn't used it before and wanted to get a feel of it before using on clients and it would set properly so thought i may have been working to wet (just guessing don't think this would make a differnce but wasn't sure) so then a couple of days later thought i'd give it another go on my aunty this time shes got natural nails and wanted an overlay so i did them set beautifully looked fantastic the next day she has a shower fine the day after that she has a bath and soaks in it and the lot fall off!

So here what i'm doing can anyone see where i'm going wrong?
* Check for conterindications (sp)
*Sanitise Mine and the clients hands
*Remove nail polish
*push back cuticles and remove any residue from cuticle area
*slightly buff natural nail to take away shine
*Size up tips and shape free edge to fit well of nail tip
*apply tips
*blend
*apply primer
*apply acrylic as normal
*file and buff etc
*apply cuticle oil and give hand massage
*apply polish if clients wants it

What am i doing wrong? any ideas? anyone else had any problems?

which liquid are you using with it as one of them needs to go under a lamp.
x

I'm using VF 21 Liquid New low odour formulation (thats what it says on the front) but theres no metion of Uv i even triend putting them under my lamp but nothing seemed to happen

You must only put primer on natural nails not the tip you might already know this but trying to help.

Other than this not sure what is going on all off After a bath!!!! sorry can not help.

Caz xxx

yes you need to use acid free primer with this system all the time. What exactly is the problem you are having?

just sounds like its not bonding properly. are u using the correct primer to go with it. also, id use sanitiser on a nail wipe before u use primer.

xx

I trained with Star you definately need to cure them under a lamp for two minutes per hand. I trained in the acrylic system with them and the VF21 light kit came with a lamp. It was £100 more this is why I didn't do it.

You also need to make sure your ratios are right, I think they are different from the normal acrylic, a little more moisture is needed when you pick up your bead. If in doubt I'd check with Star Nails, they have a line you can call.

Hope this helps!!

with vf21 there are 2 differen liquids you can use, teh vf21 lyte whcih needs to be cured and the other is just vf21 liquid this does not need to be cured.

have to say still a bug to get right.
x

caz3 said:
You must only put primer on natural nails not the tip you might already know this but trying to help.

Other than this not sure what is going on all off After a bath!!!! sorry can not help.

Caz xxx

I am only applying primer to the natural Nail.

The problem i'm having is the acrylic not adhering to the nail.

I know that there is 2 VF21 one non UV light and one is UV light i might give Star Nails a call and see what they say.

Id like to thank STAR NAILS for bringing out such a S**TY product and convincing me to switch to Creative

Glitter girl i trained with star nails in 1999 and have been a nail tech on and of over the years and i can hand on heart say this is because of there acrylic system

i have had so much trouble with it i always blamed it on my application and every time a clint complained about it i always took it to heart and gave up and went and did something different for a living.

But as my desire to do nails was so strong i always came back and then found this site and went on to train with creative to see what all the fuss was about .......Boy did it open my eyes

I only wish it was creative i trained with back in 1999 and i might of been where i want to be now with loads of clients and in my own shop sob

Feel i wasted a lot of years but can only look forward now as i have found my perfect system

xxxxx

Did you ring star regarding VF 21 Glitter girl

Latest posts

Back