Started my hair up course-advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsanonymous

Reaction score
Hi folks

started my six week hair up course last week (one day a week) and the first week it was blow drying.

Normal blow dry then curly blow dry, pinning up the hair or using velcro rollers.

Today I have tried my blow drying skills out on a friend which went ok but I don't think I have enough knowledge/experience obviously to get the finish I wanted.

Her hair didn't look silky smooth when I finished with lots of hair standing up ?

Does that make sense to anyone? I am not sure if I need to use a serum or something before I started blow drying to get the shaft of the hair to all go down.

Apologies for sounding such a novice, but this hair course is to add to my skills in make up so I can offer both to brides etc..

Thanks for any advice.

U need to make sure you r pointing the air flow down the hair ,serum will help too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Thanks Lynn

I tried hard to keep it pointing down the whole time as I was conscious that was important, but it still looked really sort of fly away afterwards?

I would use some kind of product on the
Hair to make it easier to work with and
A nicer end result,did they not guide you
With products? Sorry I hope you don't
Think im rude to ask but do you have
Experience blow drying hair? Not just your
Own? If that's the case give yourself a bit
Of time you won't get what you want straight
Away, like doing your make up it takes a
while and then you just get it, were are you
Doing your hair up course? I would love
To learn hair up I'm bloody awful I can't even
Put a curby grip in :)

No expert but could be hair your working with as some tend to be more fly away mine Definately is, and yes where are you doing course trying to find one myself

You would need to use a product in the hair. They should have told you this because it will make your hair-up much easier after the blow dry. Blow drying is not easy, you can't expect to master it after a couple of tries.

Thanks guys - I do put myself under pressure to be good at everything immediatley so will give myself a break.

We did get advised about products on the course I just don't know which ones to buy !

A trip to Alan Howard is coming on I think....just what to choose !

Thanks guys - I do put myself under pressure to be good at everything immediatley so will give myself a break.

We did get advised about products on the course I just don't know which ones to buy !

A trip to Alan Howard is coming on I think....just what to choose !

I'd start with the basics, a serum, mousse, blowdry cream/lotion, root lift spray, straightening cream x

Latest posts

Back