Starting college in September !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemzglitz

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here so wanted to pop in and say hello :)
After many years dreaming of doing a hairdressing course I have finally enrolled :) I start my level 2 nvq on 13th sept! And I can not wait :) I will be training at fareham college, although it's around a 45 min drive and there are others closer to me I decided this was the college which was better so went for it :)
Is there anyone else out there about to start a similar course?
Any help/advice or tips for me?

Look forward to hearing from you all, seems like a great place!
Xxx

Hiya :)

Im doin level 2 hairdressing in Sept too! Cant wait,I had 2 little ones after I left school so put my dreams on the back burner and just worked.

I have to enrol on Weds, have you already enrolled?? Are you buying all the equipment from the college cz I have spoke to some people and they said they brought their own :/

Oh and by the way ur wallpaper and carpet is exactly the same as mine lol :)

Good Luck :p

Hey!
Very similar to you, I have 2 little ones so now the eldest will be starting school sept I decided now was the time :)
Hope everything goes ok at enrolment for you! I had mine Friday and paid the fees this morning so it's all official now :) I'm really excited lol! Are you going to be full time or part time? After speaking to the college they suggested the part time for me which is 2 days a week, as they said the only main difference is alot more theory side/paper work is taken home which is better for me as I c an get stuck in once kids are in bed lol!

You have great taste in wallpaper tho! Hehehe!

Good luck in your enrolment and your course :) xxx

Oh and as for equipment I wil prove get from college as that way I know I've got everything I need etc and haven't missed anything off lol! Xxx

yeh my eldest starts school in september aswell! so excitin :)

Im doin part time as it is going to be easier for me. I haven't told my boss I need to leave early yet to go and enrol. Will make up some excuse lol.

Yeah Im going to get the equipment from them,that way I will have everything. I dont want to be the one in the class that has missing stuff lol.

Thank you and the best of luck with your course :)

xXx :biggrin:

Hey, just thought I'd see how yesterday went? Do you know what date u will start now? Xxx

Hi! Im starting the NVQ 2 in Sept too, hoping to enrol next Wednesday (they put me on the wrong course :rolleyes:)

How many hours per week have you got to do as a placement?

Hey!!
Hope all goes ok with your enrolment on the right course lol!
Tbh I'm not sure as they said it would be advisable to try and get a place some where (kind of like a Saturday job) but they do also have their own salon which we will be able to go to etc I am hoping they tell us more when we start!
Are you looking forward to starting? I can not wait lol!
Xxx

yep im looking to start a beauty diploma in sept :)

Im starting my nvq 2 hairdressing in september too eek im so excited!!

Good luck guys!!

Xx

hi, good luck girls for september. im still waiting to hear if my application has been accepted,then to have the interview ! I phoned the college yesterday to see how far along my application was and the system was down AGAIN ! im so impatient but also need to know as september too far away and I need to find money for the course and kit.

I trained 20 years ago but dint take exams due to family problems at the time, always regretted it, so im hoping I can put that right. I applied for level 2 diploma as the nvq 2 was full. still keeping my fingers crossed just to get started on any hairdressing course.:rolleyes:

Hey, just thought I'd see how yesterday went? Do you know what date u will start now? Xxx

Just seen this! Well I didnt even get the chance to enrol lol. The receptionist for the college told me it started at 4.30 to which I got there at 4.15 to be told that it started at 4.00!!

I showed the trainer my email which I had which stated the time to prove I wasn't just late so she has re-booked me for Sept 5th @5.30.

Its my little boys bday aswell,was going to take him away for the day before he starts school but I have to do it!! x

Phoned again today and systems are still down.

Oh no sorry to hear your college systems never want to work :-( I hope you manage to get through soon and get onto the course ok :)

That's not good about having to go again :-( I bet you were slightly annoyed especially as it was them who told you what time to be there :-( I hope all goes ok when u go bk in sept and are not there too long so u can get back to your lil man!
Is anyone on fb? I thought maybe if we added each other it might be easier to see how each other are doing/ can chat about what we have been doing etc :)

Good luck to everyone who is starting sept! Xxxx

Hey guys :)

I've just started level 2, also. I've just got a full time job in a salon, too. Crapping myself lol >.<

How long are your courses and what modules you picked?

kams xx

yep I start in September too but in sunny dubai! so mines an IVQ (international vocational qual), so excited!!

serious lack of decent, and qualified hairdressers here and aged 30 finally getting to do something I've always wanted to.

Was recommended to read Vidal Sassons biography, supposed to be very inspirational and my future tutor said if u dont wanna be the best hairdresser after that then may as well not bother lol!

i was just reading your messages, and smiled at how excited you all were at starting college, i wish you all luck, you will love it,
i teach hair and beauty, and i sometimes forget, just how worried the new candidaes are, to be honest there is nothing to worry about, you all will really love it, and your families once you start practicing on them lol:D
good luck xx:D

Oh no sorry to hear your college systems never want to work :-( I hope you manage to get through soon and get onto the course ok :)

That's not good about having to go again :-( I bet you were slightly annoyed especially as it was them who told you what time to be there :-( I hope all goes ok when u go bk in sept and are not there too long so u can get back to your lil man!
Is anyone on fb? I thought maybe if we added each other it might be easier to see how each other are doing/ can chat about what we have been doing etc :)

Good luck to everyone who is starting sept! Xxxx

I was really annoyed for the fact I was so excited to enrol and I couldnt lol and I had to leave work early and make arrangements for the kids to be picked up from nursery.

Ah well atleast I didnt miss my chance.

It is scary but I am so looking forward to it,finally doing what I want to do and hopefully make a major success :)

Yeh I am on Fb under Laura Hooper I have 2 children in my profile pic on a car :) x x --- am I allowed to post tht :/

You will see our wallpaper and carpet lol on my pics :)

Good luck everyone x :D

Hey!!

Ive had to rethink my course as they wouldnt let me do the VRQ level 2 as Ive not got that much experience so am now hoping to do the VRQ units level 2 to get me onto the full level 2 course.

Im going to a different college tonight and enquiring about part time so I can work on my beauty business during the week. So hopefully will have a place confirmed later today :)

Good Luck to everyone else starting

Latest posts

Back