Starting to charge for make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsanonymous

Reaction score
Hi guys I have decided nows the time to start charging for make up (deep breath) I have advertised at my day job (outside of the indusgtry) and had three enquiries so far.

None of which have got back to me !

I am still developing a website and am having some decent photos done in a couple of weeks.

I am currently doing a hair up course to go with the make uo and have offered one of the brides who enquiried free hair with the make up so I get the practice.

I think my prices are not expensive compared to the research I have done on people who have substantial experience and therefore have huge photo galleries on their website.

Feeling a bit dis heartened with it all after spendng time/money and lots and lots of energy on something i love.

Any advice....or kind words...

Only advice I have is you have to put your head down and keep plugging away! It takes time to build but with determination it will happen.

Don't feel down, you are only getting started with it.
Have a read of the marketing thread in the biz section, some amazing tips in there.

Did a friend hair and make up today (mother of the bride her son is getting married today) and she looked really good afterwards, she was thrilled with what I did and paid me !

Feeling better about the whole thing after a positive experience.

Is there no one you could practise on like mum or a sister? Or close friends? That way through get the practise and pics you need xx

Latest posts

Back