Starting to do L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
Hi All!

I did my nail course last august. Since then, I have been doing gels for all clients, however - i have a new client who really wants acrylic. I did train on acrylic tips and acrylic sculpting, but its a case of "use it or lose it!" and I'm not all that confident on acrylic, getting ratio right etc.

I really took to the gels, but not the acrylic. So I'm a big fan of the magnetic gel i trained with, but I'm thinking it might have been the brand that I didn't get on with for l&p.

Any advice on which brand is the best to master? - preferrably without doing a conversion course.

Thanks

Angel.

i dont think any of the acrylic l/p brands are easier to master than others.

i would say you'll probably find it easier with a slower setting product to start with though. the set rate varies from one range to another. slowish ones are
lechat nail architecture, young nails core, or ezflow high definition which i found especially slow.
faster ones i know are entity signature, tammy taylor, and young nails speed range.

different products suit different techs.
a conversion course is always advantageous as it will show you precisely how to handle a different brand of product and take away the trial and error you would have to go through on your own. thats got to be a bonus if you are already struggling with acrylic.

I agree with Angel Fingers, its always best to train with the product that you are going to use and most good companies will want you to do a conversion before they will supply you with their products. A lot of companies charge for the training and you will get the kit in with the price. Its definitely worth it if you want to offer the service. Good luck with it all and I'm sure you will love L&P. x

I agree. You will find it a lot easier if you do the conversion in my opinion because if you haven't used your L&P for a while you will probably find that the refresher will do you the world of good, also you may be able to iron out any issues you had with your L&P 1st time round and begin to love using it.

Good luck x

Also, a wise tech once said "it takes about 100 sets to get it right"..

I think it takes even more :lol:

My point being, don't be too quick to blame the product.
Getting enhancements 'right' is a toughie, whether it's gels or l&p, and they each have their own quirks and learning curves.

Do as suggested and take a refresher. Then get practicing.

:hug:

thanks all geeks! i'll check out the brands angel fingers said are slower and see about conversion courses.

Angel...:)

I use NSI simplicite which is a slower setting brand but they have changed this to the attraction range which I am going to convert to in Feb after doing a conversion. I have found that the conversion course was not that expensive either.

hth

Cath

Latest posts

Back