Starting Up Mobile AGAIN!! Advice Please!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjs Cosmetics

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new on here but have been reading peoples threads for the past month and they are so interesting and helpful!!

I qualified in 2007/8 and did start a mobile beauty then which also included doing make up for photoshoots although i then started university and couldnt cope with it all!!!

I am starting again as its very convienent as i can make bookings around uni!

First question !!!.... I bought a paraffin wax kit the other day and i went in thinking i would get the spray kit for it as would be easy for mobile beauty... this is in sallys,,, although when in there after a hours conversation with the therapist in there she suggested the bigger heater which you can fit your hand and foot in would be more practicle for mobile??

although after getting home and practising i cant really see why it is more practicle? it takes about 2-3 hours to melt! and i dont see how it is very hygenic for peoples foots and hands to go in it? in sallys they said you dont have to change the wax each time is this right? i bought a brush aswell just incase so that i can brush it on?

basicually what would be advised system for doing paraffin wax mobile?

Also this may seem a silly question but when doing waxing mobile say for instance a eyebrow wax do you take the massage table? i bought a 'lightwieght' one but it is no way lightwieght!!!!!

Last question!!!! client record cards i have the basic format ones is it advised to get the different cards for the different treatments?

Hey,

I am new on here but have been reading peoples threads for the past month and they are so interesting and helpful!!

I qualified in 2007/8 and did start a mobile beauty then which also included doing make up for photoshoots although i then started university and couldnt cope with it all!!!

Also this may seem a silly question but when doing waxing mobile say for instance a eyebrow wax do you take the massage table? i bought a 'lightwieght' one but it is no way lightwieght!!!!!

Portable in the terms of massage couches means that they fold and have a handle! Light? Well, lighter than the non-folding permanent variety.

hi,you can paint the paraffin wax onto the feet/hands and then put them in specially bought bags and mitts.
as for just waxing eyebrows i would only take the couch if i was doing legs,underarms & bikini i do eyebrows usually in a chair if im mobile but if you have the couch anyway for another treatment then id use it.
hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back