Starting up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimees mum

Reaction score
Hi. After considering all options as I am currently on maternity leave and figured out I will be working to pay childcare I have looked into starting up a nail business. Looking for training courses but finding it a bit overwhelming as there are soo many to pick from :confused: . I am starting from scratch and was hoping to start training pretty soon or in the summer holidays. I live in Alloa in central scotland. Does anyone have any tips or advice? :biggrin:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there:p

Your story sounds similar to mine,i'm in central scotland too.I have a 5yr old and a 4mth old,i was made redundant when i was 13wks pregnant(work in a shop) and havent worked since,ive also looked into childcare and afterschool care and i would not make a penny at the end of it!!!!!

Ive always wanted to be a beauty therapist but thought i'd missed my chance as i thought college was the only way,a friend told me about ILA scotland,u get £200 towards courses as long as your own personal income is less than £22 000 per year,so i have applied for this and hopefully will be using it to pay for a nail course with NSI,there are other places that accept it too but i asked on here for some advice and thats how i made my decision to go with NSI,there in Glasgow,this website is fab! anything u need to know just ask on here,i would have been lost otherwise lol

Hope this helps :biggrin:

xxx

Hello and welcome.:biggrin:

Do a search, you will find hundreds of threads on different training providers. You won't go too far wrong with Ezflow or Creative ( i haven't trained with Creative but i have with Ezflow). They may be more expensive but will be money well spent.

Theres loads of info on here...have fun.

I was made redundant while on maternity leave too and have decided to go the nail/beauty route, i have just enquired about a CND 5 day course it takes you through everything and includs the kit and tools you need, all the info in on the sweet squared web sight, a bit expensive for me though with no fixed income at the mo :cry: but would love to do it....

Adrienne x

Last edited:
Hi there, I think CND are fab, their products and their training. Also as you are in Scotland, I believe that Fingertips Centre is for you. Their number is 0131 333 3180. Good luck:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back