steriliser uv cabinet, which do you use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Morning all, :lol: i'm having a dilemma, my new treatment rooms open in april and i'm still undecided on a sterilisation choice. obviously have barbicide and jars etc, quite like the idea of the lidded trays too, but i have not yet got a uv cabinet, just wanted to know which methods you all use and where you got your sterilisers from, looked all around excel and only saw 1!
thanks

I'm ashamed to admit I use a baby steriliser from Avent but will be getting something smaller and neater when we've started making more money from nails.. I don't see why this is a problem though as it does sterilise them, but it's the old big steriliser I got when I had my daughter and it does take about 10 minutes, but they sit in Barbicide when not in use anyway.

What treatments are you doing that require full sterlisation? When i was doing my permanent makeup training I was advised by the council that I'd need to get an autoclave, although they did let me off with using Gigasept in the short term. On my training they used an ultra sonic device which was really good - but small. You must make sure you wipe the instruments off with a sanitising wipe first to remove all the debris too, or the germs just lurk underneath it and defeats the object of the exercise.

A baby bottle machine is not effective enough and could rust your instruments I believe.

Also if you watched the Dragon's Den on Beeb 2 last night they had a a UV cabinet that was for sterilisation which was half the price of an autoclave .... I want one, but don't know if they have launched them yet!

thanks for your quick replies, i'll be doing the following treatments, mans and ped, various facials and eye treatments, make up, waxing and airbrush tanning -(which i have sterilisation sorted for) so really its just to sterilise and store manicure implements, make up brushes (when previously cleaned) and mask brushes etc...

Check with your EHO at your Council but I think you will only need to disinfect and not sterilise your equipment - in which case you just need a good disinfectant range. You could try Mundo Products - Nigel is Marketing Geek on here.

You really only need to sterilise when you do treatments that draw a lot of blood - such as permananet makeup.

thank you so much if thats the case with my local council you've just saved me alot of money! will check with them this morning , thanks again xx

I didnt think uv cabinets an acceptable form of sterilising any more because the uv cannot reach all surfaces.

yes you're right they're not complete sterilisation, i was looking more at them as a way to store items once they had been cleaned and sterilised so they stayed that way x

I keep mine in a dishwasher safe plastic box its washed on top temperature the one programme you can sterilise babys bottles with.Afterall if mobile you cant take a uv cabinet with you.

I didnt think uv cabinets an acceptable form of sterilising any more because the uv cannot reach all surfaces.

Apparently this one on Dragon's Den did - although I wasn't listening 100%. It has some Nano thingy that was supposed to be the mutts nutts. It depends if you need to sterilise and how picky your EHO is as to what is acceptable, and how picky you are!!! BBC - Dragons' Den - Episode Four Click on episode 4 and the Extended clip for KC Jones and you will see his pitch ... it sterilises cheese if nothing else lol!!!!

Apparently this one on Dragon's Den did - although I wasn't listening 100%. It has some Nano thingy that was supposed to be the mutts nutts. It depends if you need to sterilise and how picky your EHO is as to what is acceptable, and how picky you are!!! BBC - Dragons' Den - Episode Four Click on episode 4 and the Extended clip for KC Jones and you will see his pitch ... it sterilises cheese if nothing else lol!!!!

I saw this last night. When they were saying there wouldn't be that many uses for it I immediatly thought of Salons. ( sadly a bit too expensive for the shoe cupboard at home:))

yes you're right they're not complete sterilisation, i was looking more at them as a way to store items once they had been cleaned and sterilised so they stayed that way x

you could always use sterilisation pouches. They're inexpensive and disposable and take up as much space as an envelope.

obviously these are designed for use with autoclaves, but are great to put instruments in after immersion in disinfectant solution.

I saw this to.

The distributor that went on is make a packet selling them to chiropodists - i guess Richard and the other investor will be rubbing their hands with glee when they consider dentits and beauticians etc...

I'ts a good idea if only got get rid of smelly shoes ...LOL

A baby bottle machine is not effective enough and could rust your instruments I believe.

an autoclave works under pressure and maintainns very high temperatures.
a baby bottle 'steriliser' will not do the same job - nor will a dishwasher.

a good quality instrument disinfectant in which you fully immerse your tools should be sufficient for nail tech. But make sure it's a good quality one with rust inhibitors and that it covers a broad spectrum.

great tip nigel thanks, got onto my eho today, they were fairly helpful and are going to let me know what regs there are for this area.

The only thing those uv sterilizer cabinets are good for is storing already disinfected implements. They don't actually sterilize anything. Your better off getting a good hospital grade disinfectant and storing your clean implements in a tupperwear container.

Latest posts

Back