Sticking on diamantes, how do you do yours??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknsparkly

Reaction score
Just wondered how everyone sticks diamontes on the nails they do. I know different people have different methods....

When I trained with NSI we were told to pop them in the glaze n go before it was cured. They seem to pop off sometimes when I do it this way.

Just wondered what works for other people?

It depends on the overall look I am going for in the nail design. Sometimes I put a dab of glue on and glue the stone on and then put the UV top sealer over the the whole nail or the whole nail--skipping the stones. Sometimes, I set it in the UV top sealer without any glue or maybe directly into the acrylic if making a flower or something.

I use swarovski crystals when I do use them, as they keep the shine lovely. To get the best out of them I apply them after top coat, I use my dotter, dot a tiny bit of glue on the nail, then pick the crystal up with the dotter and pop on the glue. Lasts a few weeks usually, and ages on toes. hth x x

I use swarovski crystals when I do use them, as they keep the shine lovely. To get the best out of them I apply them after top coat, I use my dotter, dot a tiny bit of glue on the nail, then pick the crystal up with the dotter and pop on the glue. Lasts a few weeks usually, and ages on toes. hth x x

I also do it like this.

I use the top coat and crystals from Nfu oh. I just apply the topcoat and place the crystals where I want them and cure. Haven't had any of them pop off yet. This top coat is the best I have used for both this and keeping it's shine. :D

silly question but what do you do when you need to rebalance with diamantes on? I read you can take them off with acetone but that would take the liquid and powder with it obviously. Can you get them off without having to soak off the nail??

Thx! Novice alert!

silly question but what do you do when you need to rebalance with diamantes on? I read you can take them off with acetone but that would take the liquid and powder with it obviously. Can you get them off without having to soak off the nail??

Thx! Novice alert!

I buff them off when I rebalance.

Hth's

Thanks Yvette. i didnt think of that, will have to try it on myself!! :)

I stock Swarovski as they are the best, briliant shine, perfect every time!

i use a resin to apply them, as i use anything from a size 3 -30, and they must not budge for at least 3 weeks, smaller rhinestones you can apply with a thin resin, anything over size 7 i use EzFlow building resin and spray it! activator, 2 reasons: the activator sets the resin faster and harder, so those stones wil not budge AND as i use larger stones that are obviously flat applying them onto a curved nail surface means you have edges of the stone that your hair, clothes etc get caught on, the stones start flying off and your in a mess, the building resin fills those gaps so they never get caught...hence 4 weeks later when i come to soak off, they are all still in place looking as shiny and perfect as when i first applied them

FYI if i was rebalancing i would buff them off with a 100 grit file...takes no time at all, then rebalance your nails as normal.

I LOVE Swarovski!

xx

I only use Swarovski gems also! Nothing else compares... I place mine with an old pair of Silk scissors by dabbing them with a little bit of my base coat, then I pick the gems up & place them where desired, I usually put a tiny bit of resin where the gem is going to be placed, but somtimes I can just stick them on the nail colour with the nail-art as still tacky, they last really well :D

Latest posts

Back