Sticky acrylic & brush advice (Again)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avivajoy

Reaction score
Hi. Im useing Retention+ and perfect colour powder (all creative) and its taking longer than usual to dry. When it does there are some areas that remain sticky. i have a feeling its because of the heat (its hot here now) but I just wanted to check and ask if there is anything I can do or change.
Can I use thesame brush for retention+ and radical? Thanks. xxx

It is best to use a different brush for retention+ and radical.

I wouldn't have thought hot weather stops your product from setting, I would have thought the opposite.

Urban Geek said:
It is best to use a different brush for retention+ and radical.

I wouldn't have thought hot weather stops your product from setting, I would have thought the opposite.

It would normally be the opposite - it sets quicker if its hot not slower and vice versa. Sorry can't help, but I would definitely use a different brush for each.

Check your mix ratio, if you are working wet to stop it from setting too fast, it may not set at all....

I had this problem (only with zone 3 though) the acrylic looked wet and sticky. i soon realised the bead was too wet. and just when i thought it was dry i went to buff and it all buffed off..and am i right in thinking if the mix ratio is too wet then the acrylic shrinks when it dries and then lifts? could be wrong but just wondering if thats the truth.:)

Latest posts

Back