Still quiet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really feel for you all that's in same boat it's so hard at .... All I can think is throw in the towel get a 9-5 so can afford to live .... But I could not think of anything worse xx

I'm sad to say I packed self employment in last year to work in a salon (was mobile before) couldn't keep up with girls undercutting me as rediculous prices. And I refused to lower my prices. I advertised on Facebook and everyone wanted something for nothing, a girl even stole my advert that I posted on selling pages and just changed my name to hers! Now I work full time in a salon. It's so dog eat dog now with price wars and I could barely make a wage to pay my rent. Now I can pay my rent from saving up my tips. I'm not saying packing it in is for everyone, but it was the best choice for me x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm pretty busy but I'm not 'making any money' it's got to the point where I'd love to buy the new range of Gelish colours but I have to put bills first! I'm mobile & in an area where salons don't charge loads & there seems to be so many advertising on Facebook at stupidly cheap prices. I've thought about going back in a salon or something completely different but I then won't get the flexibility I get now with the children's holidays etc.

Maybe it depends if you're hair or beauty, I'm a hairdresser working in a salon and we're all pretty packed at the moment! And it also depends how busy you were before xmas...I was quite steady so all my oct/nov clients are due now... X

I'm mobile and still as busy as I was at Xmas, my business is 2 years old and for my area I'm average priced. Not cheap and not expensive.

Latest posts

Back