Still Seem So Slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
Today I had my first ever client come back for a rebalance. It was three weeks since I did the original coloured gel overlay on her natural nail. There was absolutely no lifting, colour was still as perfect as the day applied. Her nails look awesome in the end even if I do say so myself lol She was stoked. It took me two hours to do the rebalance. Does this seem slow to you guys for a natural nail overlay rebalance. Earlier in the day I did a full set of pink and white gels sculptures on a lady. Two weeks ago I did a set of L & P pink and whites with tips. She came back today for a soak off and new set in gel because 'her friends all had gel'. It took 45 mins to soak off (she didnt want the gel over the L & P)and then it took me 3 1/2 hours to do the new set. I don't know where the time goes. By the end I was getting really weary. She doesnt relax her hands even though I ask her over and over to 'just relax for me please'
I felt like I had done ten rounds in a boxing ring at the end. lol She was also over the moon with her new nails and its probably the best set I've done yet but oh so slow. Her husband rang twice getting really impatient
I go over and over my procedures trying to find where I may be taking too much time but just dont seem to get any faster Usually I spend a lot of time filing but today I had hardly any. Am finally gaining skill with the brush
Any hints and tips most welcome Ladies and Gents

When i do a rebalance on a natural nail overlay it takes me 1 hour incl. Polish.

I do my prep work which includes removing any cuticle on the nailplate, shorten the nails down to the desired length + shape the free edge. I use my e-file to remove the bulk from the free edge incase the stress area has moved a lot forward *some customers take 5 weeks or more before coming back* :rolleyes: And remove lifting incase present. Then i go over the natural nail plate with a 240 grit and dust everything off. Then i use scrubfresh and fill in on the natural nail only with acrylic so i still pull moste off my acrylic to the middle of the nail where my new stress area is and try to keep everything as smooth as possible. After this i just need to go slightly over it, dust of again and go over it with a gel topcoat.

Prep and filing takes mostly up 20 min. Acrylic application about 15 min, refining the shape, topcoat, hancream oil + payment 15 min. and polish 10 min

Maybe in this way you can see where you spend more time. Only remove as much product as you need to replace + make sure that your product application is almoste spot on so you don,t need to file to much and ofcourse the chit chatting takes a lot of time aswell :green:

hi

What system are you using?

It totally depends on what i use - im not the quickest im not the slowest and IT AINT A RACE anyway !:green:

If your happy with the nails your doing, and MORE IMPORTANTLY so are your customers, and they are returning with problem free nails - speed will come with experience.

Here are my times ROUGHLY for you.

Natural Nail overlay colour or french (on a clean not before enhanced nail) about 40 mins

Full Set French - im still at around 1 hour 30 / 45 mins

Infills colour or french - 1 hour with a soak off gel

file off gel french rebalance 1hr 15mins

If your new to it and you explain to your customers BEFORE hand so they can allow for the time im sure if you doing a good job they'll leave happy.

Good luck:hug:

It takes me 3 hours to do a set of tips and french overlay,two hours for infills,about 3 hours for rebalance french.

I know how you feel , I just dont know where I can speed things up,although I notice I do keep going back to a nail Ive already done,faffing around, maybe thats down to just bein a perfectionist.

I think will come with time, it also speeds you up if youve got a client booked in after,if youve only the one, why do you need to rush yourself.

it also speeds you up if youve got a client booked in after,if youve only the one, why do you need to rush yourself.

thats so true!!!!!!!!!!!!! good bit of advice

amb x

hi

What system are you using?

It totally depends on what i use - im not the quickest im not the slowest and IT AINT A RACE anyway !:green:

If your happy with the nails your doing, and MORE IMPORTANTLY so are your customers, and they are returning with problem free nails - speed will come with experience.

Here are my times ROUGHLY for you.

Natural Nail overlay colour or french (on a clean not before enhanced nail) about 40 mins

Full Set French - im still at around 1 hour 30 / 45 mins

Infills colour or french - 1 hour with a soak off gel

file off gel french rebalance 1hr 15mins

If your new to it and you explain to your customers BEFORE hand so they can allow for the time im sure if you doing a good job they'll leave happy.

Good luck:hug:

Hi I use Light Elegance non soak off gel and creative L & P. I am pleased with my brush control at the moment, I am having to do hardly any filing. I think its the application of product that slows me up. I can only hope as I become more experienced this will become faster. As I do each nail I am going over in my mind, how to hold brush, brush angle, my product ratio, product placment, bead size, the whole lot. Hopefully all of this will become automatic once I have more experience and I might be faster during application. I know my prep is fine with both systems because I have no lifting or other probs. This doesnt usually take me a whole lot of time. I have a farily steamlined procedure for this and its working.
The lady knows I am a beginner. When I did the L & P Pink and Whites on her it took me four hours. :irked: She didnt mind though that time.
I understand that its not a race, and I guess I am getting a bit faster each time. Its just a wee bit frustrating.
Thanks for your help :lol:

Don't worry, things will come in time. Speed comes with tons of practice and confidence in your work. When I started I needed 2 1/2 hours to do anything... tips&gel, even natural&overlay, and if someone wanted some nail art... ah!!! don't even ask! but in time you get faster and faster, just don't try to get FASTER, try to get BETTER :hug: coz that's the point of every work. I was so depressed when girls from one salon told me that they do full set of sculpts in 45 min :eek: I thought that was because they are using e-drill, but when I got mine, I found I wasn't faster at all, just more carefull not to hurt anyone :green: so I'm glad that I mastered my files first. And if you browse this site, you'll see that no one does it in a minute and everyone say - do your prep well, take your time, do the best you can, so your work is perfect. And that is the reason why your clients will come back. No one will come back if someone does it quickly but if she does it good :) and you are on the right track.

Latest posts

Back