Stolen photos-edited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
As some of you have read before on my previous
Another therapist has stolen my (Swarovski Crystal Pedicure) photos & posted it on her timeline on Facebook & is passing it off as her own work.
I have commented on posts asking her to delete them, a friend has messaged her asking for her to remove the photo of her feet, she says she has removed them & messaged me,
which she has not done either.
She says she believes the photos to be hers!
I am fuming, This photo was take nearly 2 years ago, I have since got an iwatermark app.
I reported the photo (used 3 times) to Facebook & they were useless.

How do I go about getting her to remove the photo?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I am getting no-where.

This was my first attempt at the Swarovski Crystal & it is not perfect.

I she would have asked to use it & say "done my a fellow beauty therapist" fair enough, but she didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my photo on "xxxxxxx" timeline

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363001349.196833.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do as its her word against yours, just watermark all your photos in the future x

It's a rotten thing to have happened but like above poster has said - watermark in future x

It's so frustrating. I recently discovered that a russian company is using one of my images to promote their services but can't do anything about it because I can't translate their contact page!

The image stolen was watermarked but they just cropped it out.

From this point onwards every single photo of my nails will be taken with the client holding (or next to) my business card so that my name can't be cropped out.

In this instance I would report the picture to facebook as your property then just let it go, if this picture isn't the best reflection of your current work then I wouldn't lose any more sleep over it. Once her clients realise she cannot produce work of the same standard as 'her' pictures on facebook they won't return to her, people hate being lied to.

It's stealing, and its illegal.
Get everyone you know to report it. And send Facebook an email. They will eventually remove it. Just takes a while. Xx

Reactions: Dnx
Thanks girls.
That it shocking re the Russian website!
Great idea about holding a business card, depending on photos I normally put the watermark diagonally across the page!
I reported it to Facebook as did a friend & they are useless.
I was pleased with them when I first did them but have since perfected it!
Good idea, I might put it on my facebook profile page & beauty page too, I can name & shame them on that!! Lol x

Thanks girls.
That it shocking re the Russian website!
Great idea about holding a business card, depending on photos I normally put the watermark diagonally across the page!
I reported it to Facebook as did a friend & they are useless.
I was pleased with them when I first did them but have since perfected it!
Good idea, I might put it on my facebook profile page & beauty page too, I can name & shame them on that!! Lol x

Even watermarks can be Photoshopped, if someone wants to steal a picture they will find a way. Horrible really isn't it?

Hope you get it sorted

Personally I would make a joke out of it.

You already know your work now is far better than your very first attempt so don't worry about it. I'd re-post the picture on my own website, together with a FANTASTIC picture of how good your work is now and show how far you've come.

I'd also make a joke about the fact that some people are still learning, and have so much to learn that they think that your beginner picture is the best that can be achieved! (Possibly with a link to her site :) )

Speaking from a Clients point of view I'd far rather visit a Tech who is still learning and improving, but also good natured, easy going and with a great sense of humour. I appreciate how annoying this is but seeing comments or posts from you being bitter or snippy would put me off visiting you.

Just my tuppence
Sunshine xx

In the hope the OP is able to resolve the issue or at least protect images of her work in the future, I am now closing this thread.

The first version of this was deleted because it named and shamed. We have already had to delete two references to identify this person from this thread so I am now closing it.

Can we now move on and learn from this. If you put it on the internet YOU have to take responsibility for protecting your property by watermarking, copyrighting or whatever is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back