Stonker of a colour correction...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my test pieces came up fairly nicely, I did 7/0 and 0/11 on one of them and its come out a nice base 7, and i the other one i bleached twice with 6%, then toned with 10/8...it looks warm but acceptable I think. I will show her when she comes in, but I'm feeling a bit more confident now. :D

Thats good, take pics.xx

so.........

the test pieces look amazing, im proud of them already.

in she walks at 2pm, sits down i show her the test pieces....loves them...

i said to her, what we need to do is bleach it up, put in highlights and tint, then tone higlights...i hope u dont have to be anywhere soon cos you'll be a while in here......

OH I NEED TO PICK UP MY WEE BOY AT 3.30...........

WTF?!?!?!?! iI told her yest it would be longer than usual appt......and I don't take 1 hour and half for her colour normally!!!!!!1

So shes left, thank god I dint start doing it, she'd need to have left with pink hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coming back on tuesday, my junior will be here so it will be great for her to watch it all.

Sitting here til 5 with nothing to do now. grrrrrrr

Sitting here til 5 with nothing to do now. grrrrrrr

I can always send my client up to you and you can have fun toning her yellow hair :biggrin:

Are you bleaching twice with 20vol then toning with 10/8? x

yep thats what im doing, to the lighter bits. I had to leave the 10/8 on for around 15 mins...thats how peachy it was! but it looks a nice clean colour now, just could do with being a bit lighter.

LOL just got my juniors bf who is a hairdresser to come up and cut my hair. Good job done!!! :D

Hey Kimi I am really glad that those test pieces came up for you ok and you got shut of the dreaded pinky peachy tone lol

test peices are like our best friends :hug: as they take away all the guesswork and the timings are also correct ,

Well done .....

So Kimi ..... are you going to bleach up the whole head starting mid lengths and ends..... then bring the roots up last to a level 8 .....
dry off and then do staggered peroxide bleached foils
before you apply the base 7 tint roots first ends last in a one step process ?

Phew..... am getting tired thinking of it all , she isnt having loads of highlights is she ?

:) minky

here is what my master plan is.....

bleach - 6% - she has an inch regrowth, upon a good look today, about 40% grey, rest around a base 6. So on my test pieces I taped up the root, and tbleach on the rest for 45 mins, came up to a pinky. Take it up to the roots, for about 10 mins, as I'm confident it will lift well in this time, but keep an eye on it.

Rinse. and dry.

Then foil a t-bar (Its really short at the back so I'm concerned about spottyness once its cut) of bleach and 6%, and then flood the rest with my 7/0 and 0/11 and 6%.

Rinse, then tone the bleach bits with 10/8 and pastel, again leave for about 10 mins but keep an eye on it.

In theory, it should look very Lauren Conrad-y like in this picture...

http://forladiesbyladies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lauren-conrad-movie.jpg

but we'll see. I'm actually pretty annoyed about today but what can you do eh!

Hi kimi .... oh well that's good then not too many highlights to get through :)

plus as persianista said you could always go back to the foils after the tint is on .... with a bit of heat directed on the ends where you want it a bit lighter

When you flood it with the base 7 tint are you doing all roots first and then
straight through to the ends ?

or will you need to let the roots take a bit first ?.....
just being a nosy minky
Ps I love the picture x :) lol

well, as i said the test pieces i didnt do the roots on them (prob should have in hindsight...but now thinking about it, I prob should just do 7/0 on roots, then go thru the ends with the 7/0 and 0/11...cos I needed to use a fair bit to combat the pinky colour. So if I put 0/11 on the roots it won't look good at all.

So yes, I will do roots first, then take thru to the ends. I'm excited about this challenge now. Testing my brain power and skills.

Its nice to have something to do that isn't just a roots touch up, and it's making me think I'd like to look into doing my Master Colour Award with Wella...hmmm...food for thought.....

THANKS EVERYONE A MILLION :D

and we'll see what Tuesday brings!

Hi Kimi .... tee hee it is exciting lol
one last question are you gonna put the highlight toner on the ends first ? and then move toward the roots last ?
what vols developer / developers did you say are you using for this ?

Thanks Kimi for your all info in advance ..... it's just that I am sure loads of people on here are interested in Colour correction too and they will be following this thread , so its great for you to cover the method and steps you are going too use ,
I think you would be fab doing a Wella master colour course ,
:hug: minky

im doing 10/8 and pastel developer, again the colour lifted evenly thru the actually previous coloured areas, so I'll tone those bits and then pop the toner on the roots maybe for a wee min or so, just to even it all out. But in theory, the roots shouldn't need toned.

I feel like this is my colour correction assessment with all the questions!!! lol.

I'm glad I've taken the time to do test pieces cos I'm really confident how its gonna turn out now. :)

x

im doing 10/8 and pastel developer, again the colour lifted evenly thru the actually previous coloured areas, so I'll tone those bits and then pop the toner on the roots maybe for a wee min or so, just to even it all out. But in theory, the roots shouldn't need toned.

I feel like this is my colour correction assessment with all the questions!!! lol.

I'm glad I've taken the time to do test pieces cos I'm really confident how its gonna turn out now. :)

x

:lol: lol Oh nooooo Kimi :) .... it's been really great with you sharing your colour correction stonker with us :lol: .....also it's really very interesting for others who are learning , and seeing all your great input on here too.

Thanks for all your fabby info and answers Kimi :hug: x minky

got another one in on saturday....

OOPS I DYED MY HAIR AT HOME BUT IT WENT BLACK......

So i've got some test cuttings but I think she just wants to go to a 5 or 6. Should be a bit easier, but we shall wait and see what the test pieces reveal!!

Latest posts

Back