stool or chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to get either a chair or stool and wondered which you all thought was better for your back?:hug:

Hi Karen

Good to know there are other scottish geeks still around this website. I use a stool. Must of the time you have to lean forward to do nails, and if your mobile then hes easier to carry a portable collapsable stool.

Hope this helps!

Hi Natalie

Nice to hear from you there doesnt seem to be very many of us about!

Where in Scotland are you?

Hi,

I would say use a chair if you have a salon - it certainly makes me sit more upright as I lean right into the chair with my back. Remember feet should be flat on the floor at all times too.

Bye the way I'm from Blairgowrie - heard of it? :biggrin:

Hi Yvonne,

I am planning on setting up in my home so I thought a chair would be good.

Yes I have heard of Blairgowrie I am up in Ballater not to far from you.

Hi Karen,

Great to hear someone (local) to me - hope all goes well setting up from home.

Maybe if we get more Scottish Geeks nearby we can have a meet?

I use a stool, it makes me sit up straight rather than a big comfy chair, I have 1 of those for my clients though and when they come in they're quite pleased that they get the comfy 1.

i use a chair have used a stool but much prefer the back support that you get from a good chair

hth

Sparklepink said:

Thanks jess, I just got stuck on the ikea site for about an hour! Im so dangerous in that place!

At college my favourite thing to sit on (that I move to my couch before anyone can get to it) is a beauty stool, but it has a little backrest on it. Its so comfy and if you do need a back rest then its there. I want one x x

The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi Karen,

Great to hear someone (local) to me - hope all goes well setting up from home.

Maybe if we get more Scottish Geeks nearby we can have a meet?

Hi thanks there is alot more to it than I thought:mad: but hopefully I will get it all sorted by next spring, until then my sittingroom will have to do.

How long have you been doing nails?
Meeting up sounds good but going by the weather we had better make it in the summer!!!:eek:

at one salon years ago i had the most strange looking stool which had pads that you placed your knees onto, it didnt look very elegant but was the most comfortable seat i hav ever had.

melody jayne said:
at one salon years ago i had the most strange looking stool which had pads that you placed your knees onto, it didnt look very elegant but was the most comfortable seat i hav ever had.

This sounds like the kneeling chair i got from argos. makes you sit upright because it drops your knees. excellent for your back.

you can also get saddle stools that basically do the same thing (it makes you sit as if on a horse making your knees drop)

basically, anything that makes your knees drop will straighten up your back.

after 8 hours (or between clients) relax and lean back on a stool, then when you get off the floor think about it
(merely an opinion of course)

nailzoo said:
after 8 hours (or between clients) relax and lean back on a stool, then when you get off the floor think about it
(merely an opinion of course)

I had to read this twice then the penny dropped....PMSL!!!:D

I've worked 6 days a week for the last 8 years and I swear by my kneel on chair,they take a bit of getting used to but they are designed to distribute your weight evenly and keep your back straight. I wouldn't work on anything else and neither would the girls in my salon now they have them.

Emma.

Latest posts

Back