Strange thing happening...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,

I really need advice about a problem that I'm having with a long-time client. I have been doing her nails with the same brand of gel for about 2 years and she is excellent with her nails. She doesn't bite or pick at them and they never lift at all....until now. For the last 3 months or so, after about 2 weeks all of her nails lift badly at the free edge. The strange part is that this happens on every single nail and only on the inner corners. (The right hand nails lift on the left corner and the left hand nails lift on the right corner) My bulbs are new, I haven't changed anything in my procedure, she can't think of anything that she's doing differently, and no one else is having this problem. The only thing is that she's been flying a lot more lately, so maybe dryness could be doing it? She's coming in tomorrow, any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks!

Wish i could help hun but i dont do gel.
Hope you get a solution to your problem soon! :hug:

Hi,

I really need advice about a problem that I'm having with a long-time client. I have been doing her nails with the same brand of gel for about 2 years and she is excellent with her nails. She doesn't bite or pick at them and they never lift at all....until now. For the last 3 months or so, after about 2 weeks all of her nails lift badly at the free edge. The strange part is that this happens on every single nail and only on the inner corners. (The right hand nails lift on the left corner and the left hand nails lift on the right corner) My bulbs are new, I haven't changed anything in my procedure, she can't think of anything that she's doing differently, and no one else is having this problem. The only thing is that she's been flying a lot more lately, so maybe dryness could be doing it? She's coming in tomorrow, any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks!
Has your client recently started any medication or has perhaps suffered from an illness as this may contribute to problems when there seems to be is no explanation. If you're not sure it may be an idea to find out and make a note of it on their client record card.

HTH

Actually she has has some gynecological problems and was operated 2 weeks ago, but she isn't on any new medication. Could this be enough to cause this problem? But what really has me confused is the way that the lifting is happening...exactly the same on all 10 nails.

Are you perhaps using a new brush that is a different shape to the old one so you're applying the gel differently?

Or perhaps she has started doing a new task at work and it hasn't occured to her that she is using her hands in a different way. :eek:

I there, aske her is she is on any vitamin doses of B's. As certain ones can cause lifting. otherwise see if she is under any stress.

Changes in her hormonal balance can cause this. As well as the season, with excessive dryness.

Rather than capping as usual, use forms to extend the free edge just a 'smidgeon' and this will do a better job of capping them.
On my two trouble clients, I did this, and we have no more problems.

hth's

I haven't changed my brush or anything else and she can't think of anything she's changed in her routine. I'll ask her about the vitamins and I'll try using forms. She's coming in later so I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks everyone!

Apparently Flying causes lift. I dont know why or how but it seems to. I have read a little bit on this and there is also a post further up that i read where someone was having the same prob. I'm sure there will be others who can add more comments to this one

Hi there

Alttitude[flying] Hormonal changes, medications,environmental changes etc can cause dehydration/shrinkage.

The most tell tale signs are dry chipped brittle nails /lifting on enhancements, & drier than normal lips[mouth]..... I recommend Solar Oil/Balm for either & all also increase water intake.

PS. Go over the benifits of wearing gloves for housework etc as at this time of year, what mum doesn,t have their hands in water & cleaning solutions?

HtH

XX J XX

Actually she has has some gynecological problems and was operated 2 weeks ago, but she isn't on any new medication. Could this be enough to cause this problem? But what really has me confused is the way that the lifting is happening...exactly the same on all 10 nails.

When you have surgery, all those meds they pump you full of, have to come back out somehow... and it does this through our hair, skin and nails. I would say this is probably the reason for the lifting.

I sometimes find that if they curl their hands UNDER rather than upwards when curing it can cause the gel to not cure where it needs it most. Just check that this isnt happening... (just a suggestion)

Its awful when you hit a stumbling block and cant slove the prob.

Latest posts

Back