Quantcast

Stress strip for Fabric#?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Location
Worcestershire
Just read thread on silk/fibreglass and was wondering whether you need to put stress strip when using Fabric#? Had a few clients which say didn't feel the were strong enough and they had mostly cracked on stress area. Also what's likely to cause hairline cracks when using this system?
Did have problems with major cracks but now just get hairline ones.
jp.
 

Dawnie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
886
Reaction score
32
Location
Nottingham
Hiya

Depends on the lifestyle the client has ..............I have a client that job involves a lot of moving boxes so yep I put stress strip on for extra strength.
I wear Fabric and I don’t need stress strip.
If you are getting surface cracks try using the boost thinner better to do a few coats of boost thinly rather than a thick coat if you know what I mean lol

Hope this helps.

Take care Dawnie
 

Carole Lindsay

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
11
Location
Barnet
Hi there

I'm new to this site so be gentle with me :)

I use fabric not silk and definitely use a stress strip to give the extra strength to stop breakages.

I have my nails fibreglass/fabric all the time and never break them. To be honest I don't know how people manage to be so heavy on their nails but they do!! As far as cracks are concerned, I've not had that problem but maybe they're too brittle - try using less activator? Make sure the client is using cuticle oil daily to keep them supple?

Hope this helps.

Lol Carole xx
 

Deni

Dinky Geek
Joined
Oct 24, 2003
Messages
392
Reaction score
25
Location
Winchester...Hampshire...UK
Hi...

Dawnie said:
Hiya

Depends on the lifestyle the client has ..............I have a client that job involves a lot of moving boxes so yep I put stress strip on for extra strength.
I wear Fabric and I don’t need stress strip.
If you are getting surface cracks try using the boost thinner better to do a few coats of boost thinly rather than a thick coat if you know what I mean lol

Hope this helps.

Take care Dawnie
Sorry but need to ask this...would it be better for the client to have acrylic or fabric if they are heavy on their hands?
I use acrylic but would also like to learn fabric too but not sure which clients to offer this service to?
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Deni said:
Hi...



Sorry but need to ask this...would it be better for the client to have acrylic or fabric if they are heavy on their hands?
I use acrylic but would also like to learn fabric too but not sure which clients to offer this service to?
Good question - I have a client how regularly breaks here index fingers with Fabric even with stress strip - suggested Acrylic but shes not keen! I where fabric and have no problems and my nails are really long but I type all day where as shes is a child minder with sort nails?
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,641
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
I agree with Carol above ... I can't imagine what it is that clients manage to do to break these nails.

I rarely suffer from breakage and I use the Fabric# system with silk on my nails all the time and no stress strip.

By the way, Fabric# (hence why I always use the logo) is NOT a generic term for wraps, but is a system in its own right called Fabric#!!
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
Hi all have never used fabric but would like to get into it but what is a stress strip?
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,641
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
sequinto said:
Hi all have never used fabric but would like to get into it but what is a stress strip?
Instead of using just one strip of silk or fibreglass, you add another across the stress area for extra strength in that area ... similar to building your apex with L&P.
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
Thnx geeg, i understand now. Also is wrapping the same as an overlay on the natural nail, or is it different?
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,641
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
sequinto said:
Thnx geeg, i understand now. Also is wrapping the same as an overlay on the natural nail, or is it different?
The wrap IS the overlay, and you can use it with a tip extension or just to cover the natural nail. You can even sculpt with it, but this option is not quite as strong as a tip application.
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
Thnx again geeg, am stating to get to grips with the different terms used in the nail industry, can be frightnin when your new to it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top