Stretchmarks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, Can you recommend a treatment that you have seen, which actually gets rid of SM? One that works on old SM.

Is there a god out there????

thanks

Ive got to be honest here and say that Bio Oil is great but it doesnt get rid of stretchmarks, just makes them appear lighter. I wish there was something that would get rid of the blighters, but I havent found anything yet, and Ive tried the lot!

They look less unsightly with a tan....I am covered in them....from the tummy button right down over my hips pubic bone and the tops of my thighs....I tell everyone its cos I was sooooo incredibly taught before I had my daughter!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i have to agree about bio-oil - it's great on fresh scars if u have an op or have burned yourself etc but on stretchmarks (mine anyway) that are old and already white rather than pinky looking, i didn't feel it made a diffeerence.

On 'how to look good naked' they tested different products on stretch marks and the one that came out with the highest score was Palmers Stretch Mark Massage Cream - i haven't personally used to but it's got good reviews!!

hth xx

thanks girls.

I have been using bio-oil for the last couple of years, and it hasnt made them disappear, also used Palmers, and even bought a cream for 100.00 that didnt do anything. Have tried snail gel as well.

I just really hate them, and it stops me from wearing certain items of clothing,
I have heard that laser works but only on red/pink lines.

Has anyone tried any makeup cover-up to hide them? I have tried a few body makeup sprays and dermablend, but its tricky to get the right colour.

any ideas? cheers

i am covered from belly button to the tops of my thighs in the things...i look like an atlas have tried creams and posions but nothing works....just time....my are silvery white and its not the stretch marks that do my head in but the skin...that horrid baggy skin...but you just have to live with it....or go for more expensive treatment....love me love my stretchmarks i say

In a mag I recently bought they had an article on SM creams.
TBH, I'm not sure if they trialed them.

Palmers - 4.99 - To help prevent and reduce SM

Rodial SM Eraser - 78.00 - Reduce appearance by repairing the underlying connective tissue. (SO WHY IS IT CALLED A STRETCH MARK ERASER!!)

STRIXADERM-MD - 90.00 (Mag Rated 5* must have) Contains Peptides and Natural ingredients. Long lasting visable results, skin feels smoother and firmer. (SAYS NOTHING ABOUT 'WHAT KIND' OF VISABLE RESULTS THOUGH!)

Dermahelix - 29.95 - Contains filtered secretion of Chilean Snails (IS THIS THE ONE YOU TRIED?)

Bio Oil - 8.95 - to help prevent new and to reduce appearance of old SM.

So if they are the best, then I would say that the answer to your question is more than likely 'No'........ Boo!!!

Palmers - 4.99 - To help prevent and reduce SM

STRIXADERM-MD - 90.00 (Mag Rated 5* must have) Contains Peptides and Natural ingredients. Long lasting visible results, skin feels smoother and firmer. (SAYS NOTHING ABOUT 'WHAT KIND' OF VISIBLE RESULTS THOUGH!)

Hi Gelly,

I think we might have read the same article. As mentioned before, on "How to look good naked" they trialed both the Palmers and Srtixaderm-MD and the Strixaderm-MD came out with the lowest score.

I remember watching it with hawk eyes as I was on the verge of buying some for myself but couldn't bear spending that much money on a small tube of cream.

I suspect that all the creams, lotions and potions probably only reduce the appearance but can't actually "erase" the stretch marks as lets face it, the skin has torn.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I think we are all stuck wit them :cry: :cry:

Marlise

ive used bio oil on my sm and also my younger daughter had really bad chicken pox and this left her with bad scars on her face i used bio oil on her and it really reduced the apperance of them XX

try decleors prolagene gel, its very good, lots of my clients swear by it

I swear its genetic....no women in our family has ever had stretch marks. But i do know women who's mothers have had them and so have they.

Unfortunately girls, once stretch marks/scars have gone white there is not a lot that can be done using topically applied creams or oils etc. :irked:
When they are still pinky coloured they are still healing so certain products will help.
Bio oil is a good example, I personally love Guinot's Longue Vie Corps. It contains loads of biologicaly active ingredients to help speed up cellular renewal.

Thankyou for the many replies.

The snail gel was a chilian product, got it off the web a few years ago, Didnt seem to do alot, and was smelly.

I have also tried the decleor gel, but that didnt seem to do much either.

I have tried so many, and I really should learn to accept that these marks are here to stay. But I have them on my arms, and it makes me extremely self concious, and I havent worn any kind of tops that show my arms for the last 10 years. How sad is that.

Any words of wisdom, greatfully received.

Thankyou

Where I work we use Decloer products, and there is a product for stretch marks called prolagene gel, it will help fade them and also prevent any more. Celebrities use it. I was watching Katie and Peter the baby diaries the other day and Katies doctor commented on how she didnt have any stretch marks, and she was about to have her third child, she said she used Decleor Prolagene gel. Anythings worth a try isnt it?

Thanks, but I have tried prolagene gel, a couple of times, but it doesnt work for me.

Its not fair how most women get SM, and others dont. Nobody should get them.

katie and Peter - so sweet

Hi,
I have the same problem after having my daughter, i spend hundreds of ££ on different products-nothing worked.

I feel that if you have the type of skin prone to them there's nothing going to stop them coming, they just fade over time.:rolleyes:

As another geek said they do look much better with a tan, -find a good cream tan to apply daily.

I must say though I had an operation on my leg a few weeks ago and i've been recommend a scar removing cream, i've ordered it from boots and i'm picking it up 2moz, if it works on the scars on my leg, i may try it on my stretch marks, I will let you know if it works.

Lizzy x

Thankyou for the many replies.

The snail gel was a chilian product, got it off the web a few years ago, Didnt seem to do alot, and was smelly.

I have also tried the decleor gel, but that didnt seem to do much either.

I have tried so many, and I really should learn to accept that these marks are here to stay. But I have them on my arms, and it makes me extremely self concious, and I havent worn any kind of tops that show my arms for the last 10 years. How sad is that.

Any words of wisdom, greatfully received.

Thankyou

I swear its genetic....no women in our family has ever had stretch marks. But i do know women who's mothers have had them and so have they.

I have to disagree here my mum as them but I have never had one :) So it must just be luck x

Latest posts

Back