Struggling lifting client's hair blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
hi, i have a client who is a base 6 she has lots of warm tones in her hair, i use majiblonde 901s as its higher lifting then 911,which i would use, but need the extra lift,it still holds a little to much warmth we would like it blonder,do you think loreal head bleach with 20 vol would lift it up better,and then i am likely to need to use a toner ! can any one help quickly as she is in tomorrow???:p

If your happy with the lift of 901, would you not use a blue or violet toner over the tint.
What % developer are you using, if your using 12% on a 6 base you should defo get the lift.
Have you tried a few higlights scatter over the parting and hairline, I find this can disguise yellows.

You need blue for orange violet for yellow, if you use blue on yellow it'll be green. Careful with toners x

Hi I use 40 vol, But still has a little to much yellow, I know the rules with the toners but haven't used them for along time as I usually get results with high lift tints. Just fussy client! But she is lovely ! Used toners alot years ago when I used more bleach but I find most clients try and keep away from bleach. Wondered if head bleach with 20 vol would be better but don't want hair to look bleached.

condition!!!

Last edited:
I have the same issue with a client and now considering using platinum to lift then tone , as I feel this is safer knowing I will get the right lift then deposit whichever tone I need ...

Colour worked better today , used usual majiblonde 901 s then popped on a 9.01 colour touch , just took the edge of yellow away. ;)))))))

Latest posts

Back