Stumbled across this MY SPACE PLEASE LOOK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have recently found one of my tutorials on a russian nail website, it does say that its my work from what i can understand, but no one asked if they could use it:confused:

i dont know if its a good thing or bad ?

if it says its you..free advertising but they should ask..

i have looked and her main job is not nails she is a very popular backing singer and dancer, so nails is a part time thing but she still should have asked to use the pictures, are they pictures that have been posted on nail geeka nd she has copied and pasted??

I think thats where she got them hun

We should all leave 'comments' on the pictures we know aren't hers. Let her know and others that they aren't her nails.
you have to be registered as a friend of hers to be able to do that

This happened to me a while back and another geek let me know I e-mailed the owner of the said website who was a geek and told her that she had a week to remove the image and if not then a copyright fee would be charged to her :) It was removed the next day lol

That's the only problem with the internet, copyright is hard to control. Most people wouldn't even realise that they are breaching copyright. They just think that whatever they find they can use until someone tells them different.

They just think that whatever they find they can use until someone tells them different.

See, now I actually think different. I think people DO know it's breach of copyright, just as they know what plaegerism is when they are in school.
But, I also think a lot of people play stupid.

How can someone NOT know it's theivery or wrong or infringement of copyright? Especially since about all the sites I know of, they have this little box that you check-off that specifically asks if the picture is YOURS and if you have the rights to it before you can upload it. How can that not set off alarm bells in someone's mind?

They just play the "oooh I didn't know" to get the "get out of jail free" card, so to speak.:rolleyes:

I also think they choose the pictures that they do intentionally. Why not post their own, which would be easier than trolling through the net. Likely because theirs aren't good enough. So they see nice ones and think "oh, clients will like that picture". OF COURSE they assume that the client will assume the work is theirs. Why else post the pictures, if not to solicit clients with attractive pictures of nails?

I couldn't help myself. I sent an email to the person and asked her how dissappointed her clients were when she couldn't reproduce the work in the pictures.

wow! i use this profile image all over my myspace page and on all my marketing, i got it from the internet, does it belong to anyone here???? :eek:
help!

I'm pretty sure that the rights belong to the person who owns the photo, so that would be either the tech or the photographer.

u've got it spot on. :green:

Either yourself, or the girls in the pic's need to message her and ask if she's got permission to use them. If she hasn't politley ask if she can take them done, if she's starts throwing her toys out the pram then u can suggest taking her court (just to scare her off) as by copyright laws, u need permission from who they belong to.

hth

wow! i use this profile image all over my myspace page and on all my marketing, i got it from the internet, does it belong to anyone here???? :eek:
help!

If you didn't take the picture, then it's not yours.
You need to go back to the site from which you found it, and ask for permissions.

hth's

(it's likely a magazine shot, I think)

Latest posts

Back