StylFile The S-File from The Apprentice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmeliaR

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Styl File from last seasons Apprentice!

I saw it in my Salons direct catalogue they retail at around £5 but they are also stocked in Boots etc so is not a professional only products?

Do you think you are going to sell well in salon? i think clients will look at then because of the apprentice but will they pay £5 for a nail file?

Professional Salon Supplies & Services for Hair & Beauty - Salons Direct

I don't think any of my clients would pay £5 for one of these! I think it would annoy me, I'm sticking to my straight ones.
Rhiannon x

I would be intrigued to see it and try it. You do get some people though that if you slap a pic of a celeb onto something they will buy it so some might just because of the association with the apprentice

I was going to start a thread about this too, great minds :wink2:

I personally don't like the look of this and not sure I'd even know where to start holding it?! :confused: I'll be sticking with my usual files. As for retail, £5 for a nail file is a bit steep IMO. I'm sure people may purchase one for the novelty and to see what the fuss is about but doubt very much they'd buy another.

I dont get it personally....how do you file your nails with a file that shape? I can't see ow it works. Maybe I'm just stupid.

they have an emergency file, which i like the concept of as it comes in like a coil tube can you can attach it on to your keyring etc!

i think its the hype of it been on the apprentice! just like Amy Child's lashes and Laurens way tan! people buy it because of hype!

Also which made me 'lol' was they got a quote for .... Katie Price of all people on there advert! haha

Total fad, think I'll stick to my Kanga Board!

I retail these.....not been popular will not be re-stocking them....x

thanks JerseyJock! i wounder how well they are doing in shops like boots etc

I bought one of these a while back... I didn't like the shape they file your nails and actually found them harder to use than a normal file!!!!

Hi everyone

I brought one of these from Sally's to find out whether they were worth the 3.99 + I paid for it.

They really are not very good apparently there meant to last for years no thats not going to happen as the fine graded side on mine is almost worn away.
I'm right handed and found it awkward and you only seem to use 1 side of the nail file, what I'm trying to say is as it's in a shape of an s you only use one of the s bends. Hope you understand what I'm waffling on about.

So to answer your question I won't be buy one again and definatly won't be recommending them anytimme soon.

Pippa

Totally don't get it. I didn't understand what Tom was waffling on about on the apprentice and I still don't get it lol. I would definitely not pay that much for a file, let alone clients paying more! I'd give them to them at cost price if they desperately wanted them as I just don't believe they are worth it at all x

People said many of the same comments about glass files .... And they are still selling!

I wish I had seen the Apptentice ... What did the innovator say were the unique benefits for using this file over a traditional file? I can't see the benefit of it to anyone in particular. On what points did he 'sell' the concept to them?

People said many of the same comments about glass files .... And they are still selling!

I wish I had seen the Apptentice ... What did the innovator say were the unique benefits for using this file over a traditional file? I can't see the benefit of it to anyone in particular. On what points did he 'sell' the concept to them?

There's a video here www.stylfile.com

I believe glass files last a lot longer? I don't really like them either to be honest. Each to their own x

I had seen these somewhere on tv recently then whist casually in the chemist the other day picking up
My prescription I saw one on a shelf looked at price which was 99p and thought hell I'll try for that! Needless to say I couldn't grasp the concept of it either lol and it's still say on the kit he side waiting for me to be botherd to watch a video on it lol x

Maybe its because we are all professionals and are used to filing day in day out with a straight file! would be nice to see if a non professional thinks they are awkward to file with!

i just thought they might be a nice little retail item as client will recognize them from the Apprentice.

Gigi they wasn't really feature that much on the actually show, they winner had to have an idea to creative a new business with Alan Sugar so it just got mention that his idea was on S shaped file!

Years ago I bought some files in this style whilst i Was in the States. they did nt work for me then so I certainly won't be trying them again xx

To be honest I think Lord Sugar just wanted a bit of beauty ;) x

I certainly won't be rushing to but one. I think the whole concept is stupid.

Latest posts

Back