Successful Tanning Party Secrets.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!!:green:

This is really to all who have managed to start a successful sideline in Spray Tan Parties.
I want to enter into this with a realistic expectation of what is required in order to do it right, so I am hoping you can help!

*Do you provide invites and/or pre & post treatment advice (exfoliate, loose clothing, etc) for the hostess to give to her potential guests?

*Do you take deposits?

*How much time do you allow for each guest? (swap over, getting changed, consulting etc)

*Do you have a maximum number of guests? (Spray Tanning can be quite tiring.)

I have decided on the basics already:
*I will offer the hostess a free spray when 3 of her guests have a full body tan on the night @ £25 each.

*I will offer product incentives to guests booking on the night. (I will give it to them at their party)

These I am not too sure on yet, as I feel that I need more info before I should make solid decisions:
*If she has 7 paying guests I will give her a bottle of aftercare product of her choice for free.

*10 paying guests gets her a £10 voucher towards any of my services.

Obviously, until I know how much time to allow for each client, I won't know how realistic the above numbers are.....
If it turns out that each guest needs 1/2 hr, then 10 would take 5hrs!! If the party starts at 8pm, I would be there until 1am! I can't see the last client being too happy!! (or sober for that matter!)

I hope you lot can help!!
If there is anything that I have not mentioned that you think is important please include it in your responce.

(Maybe this thread will eventually provide a lovely pool of info for future tanning party doers!)

Thanks in advance!!

All sounds good to me, how long does it usually take you to spray someone?
If it takes you 10 minutes to do a spray then 10 people should take you roughly 130 minutes including setting up and putting away.
If they are all together at the beginning of the night go through aftercare advice to all of them together. Make sure they have all removed deodrant, make-up.
i get them to fill in their client card and bring it up with them.
Take a look at what % tan you are going to use on all of them before you start and put them in order, e.g all the 6% together, all the 8%, 10% etc. rather than having to change bottles of solutions unless you have 2 or 3 spare containers that is.
Once you are set up, spray the first one and ask them to send the next one up, whilst they are coming up you can be changing bed roll etc. tidying up.
My prices go down depending on how many there are, e.g. I caharge £20 for one tan, £18 for 2 tans, £16 for 3 or more and if the host invites 4 friends she will get hers free.
Hope this is of some help.

Hi

Your plan sounds pretty sound, although don't forget they need to remember not to shower for at least 8 hours so if they go to bed after being spray tanned their sheets may end up grubby. Not sure if most of it would be rubbed off if they fidget during the night?

Also check with the host where you will be able to setup, and think about overspray as you will get some no matter what system you use. If it's warm you could do it outside in the garden or garage.

Deb379

Hi

Your plan sounds pretty sound, although don't forget they need to remember not to shower for at least 8 hours so if they go to bed after being spray tanned their sheets may end up grubby. Not sure if most of it would be rubbed off if they fidget during the night?

Also check with the host where you will be able to setup, and think about overspray as you will get some no matter what system you use. If it's warm you could do it outside in the garden or garage.

Deb379

Not showering for 8 hours etc. would all be put onto an aftercare sheet and discussed when you go through it with them. Most of it definately wouldn't be rubbed off during the night or none of us would have a business in spray tanning.
I don't think doing it in the garden would be a good idea since as most people get sprayed in their knickers, the neighbours would get a right eyefull. I've sprayed a couple in the garage but obviously still use the tent.

I don't think spraying in the garden is a problem, it depends on where they live, if they don't have neighbours overlooking and you are using a spray tent then there's no problem, just position the tent so only you can see.

Obviously if you are going to a built up area with peoples houses are backing onto other peoples then there might be a privacy problem

Deb379

Thanks for your replies so far.

Do you provide invitations, if so do you put pre tanning advice on them?

Should I take a deposit?

Thanks again

i don't have invitations, thats entirely up to you though.
I have tanning information sheets which I have pre-tan advice and post tan advice, If theres not enough time to get the information to them I tell them to have a look on my website where I have a page for spray tanning which has all the information on that my tanning sheet does.
I don't personally take a deposit.

I alow about 15 mins per person inc turnaround. Got a pop up cubicle and thats fine.

Dont do more than 10 per session tho as its too many.

Would it be a good idea to take a robe(s) / dressing gown(s) or an just an un-nessessary expence?

I take a dressing gown and a wrap round towel for the clients whoa re waiting. i give free tan to the hostess and free tan to anyone who hosts a party. 15min for each client is plenty but anymore than 8/10 people and my minimist starts to overheat.

I do take a deposit of £5 per person before ahdn as well.

I have to say - I did 10 last night and I'm chewed to bits...worrying that I did them all okay -especially as its a wedding party.

I think I will stay at a maximum of 6 - I can concentrate better. By the 7th I was forgetting things.

I've got 17 dancers to tan tonight at my local dance studio... they are all off dancing in competition tomorrow.... I just hope I don't get 'fuzzelled' lol!

Its a great set up though.. there is a pizza restaurant next door and the ladies all get pizza and sit around munching until its their turn.

I did 12 the last time and that was bloody hard work.. but tonight will be very taxing with 17 ... but its all good.. I can rest tomorrow :) Ca Ching!!! :green:

Oh and I am going to be taking my new Mini Mist Pro out on it's first 'official' outing lol!! I used my Mini Mist last time and it was fine ... but looking forward to using my new kit tonight :)

17?!!! That's fabulous Jen!

I would love to get into the parties; I have had a few groups of 3 come to me, which is very lucrative, but parties are the way to go!

xxx sugar xxx

Last week I went to a local salon to do a "tanathon" for a local charity and did 35 tans over one afternoon and the following morning raising £390 for Cancer research!

The best advice I can give is to be organised, perhaps if you have large numbers coming for tans, offer time slots where you can reduce the amount of people hanging around - and especially where the odd glass of wine may be available it will reduce the tipsy tanning problems where clients can get solution over their hands and not be in total control!!!!

Have different cups available for your spray gun with your different strength solutions in so you can make the change over a lot more easily.

Mandy x

great advsie mandy, organisation is definitely one of the most important things when doing parties (along with applying a great tan!!)

great advsie mandy, organisation is definitely one of the most important things when doing parties (along with applying a great tan!!)

Well I thought I was organised... did 17 great tans... all went smoothly... back aching a bit this morning.... but ask me who forgot her protector gloves?

My hands look a 'tad' brown this morning... thankfully I give them a thougher washing when I got home or they would have been much worse lol!!!

I think I need to make a check list so I don't omit _anything_ the next time lol!!

you may have brown hands hun but you got plenty of green in your purse !! :green: :green: :green: i am sure that makes it worthwhile , lol,

My back is killing after 10 so 17 or 35 just sounds crippling!!

I prefer to do 6 as I think I am so much more thorough ... I saw them all yesterday they were all very pleased but I wasnt - I cast a very critical eye over them...could see a few flaws but overall they were ok.

you may have brown hands hun but you got plenty of green in your purse !! :green: :green: :green: i am sure that makes it worthwhile , lol,

LOL!! Indeed you are right Dee :)

My back is killing after 10 so 17 or 35 just sounds crippling!!

I am a bit worse for wear today to be honest.. my back is giving me loads of jip this morning and my wrist is aching like chuff... but its all good :)

I just had a problem with my routine - I sort of lost count, got tired, and lost concentration (forgetting things like hair caps)
Is this normal or am I just pathetic? LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back