Suitable name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilCheekyMonkey

Reaction score
Evening all, hope your all okay!

It's roughly 103 days (not that I'm counting:biggrin:) until I take my first Nail Course!
In the time that I have before I take the course, I've been working hard sorting out the business plan and all that comes with that.

The most difficult thing I'm coming up against, is deciding on my business name. I will be sumbiting a survey online to gather further ideas and research, but would love your thoughts also.

To begin with, my business (salon) will be mobile with the eventual aim to either open up a 'high street' salon or a home based salon. I will begin offering a range of nail treatments and my handmade jewellery. I will then slowly and hopefully add lash extensions and spray tanning. If in time, there is more demand for other treatments I will also add these.

So the name needs to cover all posiblities, in a sense it needs to be universal.
The current ideas are as follows;

Nichèe
Oh So Mz
Lust
Urban Envy
Seven Sins
The Nail&Beauty Emprioum

All constructive views, opinions and criticisms welcome. I won't be successful without excellent training, practice and a great business plan!:D

Thanks again guys!
Emma

*Bump

Anyone? I know there are lots of threads about names, though it would be nice to have some input or opinions.

Thanks,

Emma

The names you have short listed don't shout nails, beauty etc apart from the last one. There are quite a few similar salons named the same.

Which one do you like? x

The names you have short listed don't shout nails, beauty etc apart from the last one. There are quite a few similar salons named the same.

Which one do you like? x

That is true, I would normally go for Name @ nails and beauty, however a technician near to me has the same name as me and is already using it; and i would like to avoid confusion.

I am happy to add nails and beauty on the end of the above short listed names. With that in mind, which stands out the most?

I'm still undecided as I like the unusualness of them.

I personally like Seven sins :) x

I like nichèe but id have to add a little explanation Nichèe nails (& beauty?)

Good luck. Xx

Mobile nail envy
Envy mobile nails and beauty

I think it would be great to see your mobile since I can never tell from a name. X

Nail Em? As your babe is Emma and its like nail them? Hmmmm

Nail Em? As your babe is Emma and its like nail them? Hmmmm

Not keen on that myself. Here the term nail em means u wanna do naughty things with someone lol xx

Not keen on that myself. Here the term nail em means u wanna do naughty things with someone lol xx

Haha oh wow that would not go down well!

These are the things to think of I guess when naming a salon xx

Thanks for all the responses! Never thought about adding mobile into the name liking that idea!
I would use my name, but Emma is rather common in my area and it's used for a lot of salon/mobile businesses.
Plus I always think if it's an odd or unusual name, you've got a higher chance of it being remembered; For example (local shops and salons) Two Dye For, Sweaty Betty's, Perfect Balance and The Two Headed Man Garage.
I will defiantly consider all the options, i will defiantly add nails and beauty on the end.

Thanks again guys. Hope you all enjoyed the lovely weather! :D

I'm not sure I'd know how to pronouce the first two, I'd give Lust a miss, it gives the wrong impression, Urban Envy is good but not really related to your business, same for Seven Sins and the last one is quite a common one.

Not sure if that's any help.

Choosing a name is so hard, there were a few reasons I chose mine but mostly, it was the one I didn't hate :lol:

How about something simple like

Gorgeous
Aspire
Beauty. But spell it differently. Bootie. Booti.
Divine
Emma's
Indulgence
Verity
Xpectations
Zillions

Latest posts

Back