Summer slimmers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tried slim fast but i became so ill,i was never hungry with it tho...tried weight watcher,rosemary collonley (spelt wrong sorry),the lemonade diet (just to see if it was true) but nothing worked til my hubby left me and i only ate one meal a day which was a curry with the works and i lost 3 st in 1 month but when i started to get to terms with him going and me being alone with the kids i gained it all back maybe i should start a new one the takeaway diet! LOL no seriously i really do need to lose weight but have no money for classes/online support so i am at a loss at what i can do really
sazza x

Use my fitnesspal online it's free an easy to use it's a calorie counting diet where you enter all your intake (everything) you enter your height weight waist if u like an how much u want to loose an it calculates how many calories to have daily. It also shows u all the nutrients u are getting from what you eat an if u go over them. Hope this helps. Iam using this as I can't afford classes at the moment an I have lost nearly a stone in about a month an a half. Better getting it off slow rather than fast. Run up and down the stairs. X

Use my fitnesspal online it's free an easy to use it's a calorie counting diet where you enter all your intake (everything) you enter your height weight waist if u like an how much u want to loose an it calculates how many calories to have daily. It also shows u all the nutrients u are getting from what you eat an if u go over them. Hope this helps. Iam using this as I can't afford classes at the moment an I have lost nearly a stone in about a month an a half. Better getting it off slow rather than fast. Run up and down the stairs. X
well done and i'll have a look at that,i need to get healthy and fit for the kids.Thank you
sazza x

hi mr brother - he's a bdy builder and has a gym - recommended www.bodyrock.tv this girl is amazing!

her body is out of this world,

i actually nearly cried with fear when i watched some of her videos lol but he recommended the 40 minute workout and this evening i did the 5 sections - fabulous - felt intense but doable, going to do it 3 times a week alternating with my swimming evenings, but thought id share it with you as she has such a variety of workouts.

has anyone tried those shaking machines? lol soz not sure of prob name you know the toning machines that vibrate?

i have lost 3 stone, swim 3-4 times a week and hit a plateau.. ahhhh... so need tips to shake it up think it will take some kind of change in exercise.

help please!!!

I'm using one of these machines for 10mins every day for 2 weeks. My friend did the same and lost 8lb just from that! I'm not normally one to be taken in by those kind of stories but seeing it on my friend was enough to convince me to give it a go. I'm only on day 5 and don't want to weigh myself til the end but can really feel a difference already; feel much less wobbly haha! Would def recommend them. Will let u all know the final result!!

I'm using one of these machines for 10mins every day for 2 weeks. My friend did the same and lost 8lb just from that! I'm not normally one to be taken in by those kind of stories but seeing it on my friend was enough to convince me to give it a go. I'm only on day 5 and don't want to weigh myself til the end but can really feel a difference already; feel much less wobbly haha! Would def recommend them. Will let u all know the final result!!

How long is the course of treatment?? As I said in an earlier message my boyfriend mam has purchased a machine but I do not use it that often, I am gona try it again tho :)

hi everybody...
Really lik this thread... ive been trying a while to lose some weight for a while but not really being dedicated..... im lighter now than six months ago but id ideally lik to lose about 2 or 3 stone....
i find watching my food and the main thing that makes me feel and look better is exercising and ive more energy after it also.... i was going to join a gym but i just cant afford it so am going to do it alone....
im back on the wagon today and going to head off for an hour power walk now.... ive been sitting around all day putting it off then i read this threaad and said right deirdre its a sign get off ur ass and go do some exeercise...
all the help i can get i appreciate and its nicce to know there is people out there lik me and can talk about it!!!

hi everybody...
Really lik this thread... ive been trying a while to lose some weight for a while but not really being dedicated..... im lighter now than six months ago but id ideally lik to lose about 2 or 3 stone....
i find watching my food and the main thing that makes me feel and look better is exercising and ive more energy after it also.... i was going to join a gym but i just cant afford it so am going to do it alone....
im back on the wagon today and going to head off for an hour power walk now.... ive been sitting around all day putting it off then i read this threaad and said right deirdre its a sign get off ur ass and go do some exeercise...
all the help i can get i appreciate and its nicce to know there is people out there lik me and can talk about it!!!

Good luck deirdre, I'm in same boat as you I need to lose about 2-3 stone. Can't afford gym, but I do have exercise bike :) going to cycle on this every evening.

I find lower portions work too, what about u??

I've just ordered the 30 Day Shred DVD....i'm actually a bit scared after reading all the reviews on Amazon about it. But hopefully it works!:eek:

Good luck deirdre, I'm in same boat as you I need to lose about 2-3 stone. Can't afford gym, but I do have exercise bike :) going to cycle on this every evening.

I find lower portions work too, what about u??

Yeah def watchin portions helps too and i find the more water i drink the less hungry i am!!!!
im jus back from another power walk and my heels are all skint but im gonna jus keep going they can harden up over time!!!
fair play is cycling good???

How long is the course of treatment?? As I said in an earlier message my boyfriend mam has purchased a machine but I do not use it that often, I am gona try it again tho :)

The place I go is really good value compared to some locally. The course I paid for was £40 for 30x10min sessions; so I'm doing 1 session of 10mins every day for two weeks on the inch loss program and will then do a 20min session every day for a week on the more intense toning program.

Obv these won't work for everyone and they're not magically going to turn anyone from a size 18 to an 8 in two weeks, but I think they are great for kickstarting your weight loss. I'm terrible for starting a diet and then having a 'fat' day three days in and giving up, this way I can see results quite quickly and it spurs me on :biggrin:

Started a low-fat diet with Orlistat 120mg tabs in Jan. Lost 20lbs by March. Been off tabs through April to give body a break. Got 20lbs left to lose for my wedding dress... Hope I do it. I was going gym once a week but have lost my childminder so use my cross trainer and vibro plates and my wii fit. I walk everywhere as I haven't passed my driving test yet and I'm constantly up and down stairs. Never taken sugar in tea, love skimmed milk cos hate cow tit taste and try not to eat too much pastry. Could drink more water but cut out all the crisps and choc. Just want to tone cos of c.sec saggy belly :-( x

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Started a low-fat diet with Orlistat 120mg tabs in Jan. Lost 20lbs by March. Been off tabs through April to give body a break. Got 20lbs left to lose for my wedding dress... Hope I do it. I was going gym once a week but have lost my childminder so use my cross trainer and vibro plates and my wii fit. I walk everywhere as I haven't passed my driving test yet and I'm constantly up and down stairs. Never taken sugar in tea, love skimmed milk cos hate cow tit taste and try not to eat too much pastry. Could drink more water but cut out all the crisps and choc. Just want to tone cos of c.sec saggy belly :-( x

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek[/

"At a time when colon cancer is a leading cause of death and disease in the Uk, the Food and Drug This marks the first time in history that knowledge that the FDA has approved a drug for over-the-counter use despite knowing in advance that the drug causes either cancer or pre-cancerous lesions," Wolfe said.
"This decision raises very serious questions about the competence of former National Cancer Institute Director Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach in allowing the approval of a drug that may well increase the incidence of colon cancer in this country."
ConsumerAffairs.com's health advisor, Henry Fishman, M.D., also counseled caution.
I would never use this drug and I'm friends with 5 general practitioners and when they knew I was on this drug they went utterly mental, yes I was in in the same boat as you but my friends even knew that some of the fats that protect the bowel wasn't staying in the body on this drug. There's a call for it to be taken off the shelf future meetings regarding it's ban are going to be soon due to the very high risk of cancer.

At a time when colon cancer is a leading cause of death and disease in the Uk, the Food and Drug This marks the first time in history that knowledge that the FDA has approved a drug for over-the-counter use despite knowing in advance that the drug causes either cancer or pre-cancerous lesions," Wolfe said.
"This decision raises very serious questions about the competence of former National Cancer Institute Director Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach in allowing the approval of a drug that may well increase the incidence of colon cancer in this country."
ConsumerAffairs.com's health advisor, Henry Fishman, M.D., also counseled caution.
I would never use this drug and I'm friends with 5 general practitioners and when they knew I was on this drug they went utterly mental, yes I was in in the same boat as you but my friends even knew that some of the fats that protect the bowel wasn't staying in the body on this drug. There's a call for it to be taken off the shelf future meetings regarding it's ban are going to be soon due to the very high risk of cancer.
Watchdog are now pushing for a ban and also liver and kidney foundation want it banned. I'd never risk taking this drug when this is banned your really gonna have to keep to the diet and exercise the risks are too high to look slim, take care and well done though:)

Hi according to national average I need to loose 4 stone I'm 5.1 feet tall, & weigh 12.4 :( I've started doing Zumba which I love 2/3 times a week & did u know u can now get Zumba on the Wii?? I use that alot too!
Also have a look and google this website - flatbelly solution. We have just bought this works out at £34 but it looks great & I can't wait to see results!!
Good luck everyone!

Hi according to national average I need to loose 4 stone I'm 5.1 feet tall, & weigh 12.4 :( I've started doing Zumba which I love 2/3 times a week & did u know u can now get Zumba on the Wii?? I use that alot too!
Also have a look and google this website - flatbelly solution. We have just bought this works out at £34 but it looks great & I can't wait to see results!!
Good luck everyone!

Goodgirl angelpie keep me updated.

I tried orlistat but had major side effects :(
sazza x

Oh my God... I'll be avoiding the Orlistat then. That's really scary. I bought Zumba for Wii so will have a go on that. The vibroplates were buy 12 get 3 free at Gymophobics I paid £38 x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Oh my God... I'll be avoiding the Orlistat then. That's really scary. I bought Zumba for Wii so will have a go on that. The vibroplates were buy 12 get 3 free at Gymophobics I paid £38 x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Brilliant I love zumba it really gets up the heart rate I've lost loads since going to the local class. Keep my informed how your getting on with the gymophobics everyone is talking about them.

I'm at Gymophobics in Chester and I love them but a friend of mine was at one in SE London and stopped going after sadly having a miscarriage and they gave her Hell telling her she broke the contract, saying she owed money etc etc... I think it depends on which branch and the staff. But the resistance training is great, really helping my bad back following epidural xxx

Hi there all you summer slimmers.
I noticed that there haven't been any posts in nearly a week.
I wanted to ask how everyone is getting on with there individual goals.
I am on a bit of a weight loss mission myself, I have always been a size 6 top and 8 bottom but I am currently a 10 top and 12 bottom.
I was aware of things going down hill following a 2nd lot of surgery which involved incisions in my stomach. After this I appeared to have lost the toned flat stomach, I was no bigger I just lost the muscle definition and in it's place there was just a little podge. It wasn't until 12 months after my op when I was put on hormone medication that the weight started to pileon. I managed to control the weight gain for the first 6 months, as soon as I put a bit on I'd crash diet to shift it and then in 2 months I put on 3 stone which left my covered in stretch marks. I came off the hormone medication in October and without changing my diet or anything I've lost about a stone, now I've hit a brick wall, I have started the gym and go two mornings a week however due to being busy at work I've had a few weeks off, back to normal next week. I don't have a bad diet, I don't eat any fried food, my portion sizes are a good size, I like my chocolate but don't over do it and i dont drink fizzy drinks.
Does anyone else struggle to eat three meals a day at reasonable times? I find I'm often too busy to eat during the day and regularly work late which means eating late or not at all. I know this is a real problem, I just don't know the best way around it.
Anyway I've got till October to get the next 2 stones off in time for my wedding. I have to admit that I've always wanted to be a size 12 but it's just not me. I feel sorry for celebs cos when I was an 6/8 everyone use to say I was too thin and I use to get accused of having an eating disorder now I get called fat all the time (my gran can be a real cow about weight) I'm just grateful I don't have the press going on about it too!
I've just realised what a rant I've had, sorry guys!
Best of luck to everyone else! Xxx

Latest posts

Back