Sun Beds Before Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Just happen to see the "Sunset Tan" programme on "E" channel a few days ago I noticed that their Signature Treatment was a Sun bed treatment followed by a spray tan. What it didnt do was go on to explain why this was better.

Is this something that any of you do or know what the benefit of this is?

I presume it is something to do with the melonin in the skin been prepared by the sun bed and therefore reacts more to the spray tan, but I am not really sure.

Do any of you use or recommend any cream based treatments that do this before a spray tan?

I had the under standing that if you did a spray tan to some one that uses sun beds it was more likely to cause patches as the sun bed dries out skin so there will be areas of skin that grab the spray tan more than others ???

A spray tan doesnt work with the melanin in your skin at all. All it means is that by going on the sunbed you will have more of a base colour to start with so a spray tan will look darker and seem like it lasts longer than normal as there will not be such a contrast between your natural tone and the fake tan. Does this make sense?

Thanks Loobylou and Ebony Eyes.

I must admit I did not pay enough attention when I did my spray tan training apart from the fact that the DHA causes colouration of the corneal layer of the skin, giving the tanned look.

What is it then that causes sun spots to be more obvious even when you have a spray tan done the same as it does when you have a natural sun tan or sun bed sun tan?

I should have paid more attention when I did my spray tan training.

I guess because the sun spots are darker than the rest of the skin proir to the tan they end up even darker afterwards. ie - the DHA stains them darker

I cant think of any benefits of sun bed use, i stay well away from them.....

I watched it too..
I'm not trained in spray tanning but surely there must be benefits of it if they charged £645 for the treatment (inc retail products) :eek:

Latest posts

Back