Sun Tan Lotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
I am off to buy my sun tan lotion for my hols and i usually buy a well known brand, how ever i was looking at some stores own brands which are way cheaper and it got me thinking are they just as good or not?? Is it like everything else youare paying for a branded name??

What do you geeks all think is paying more for a brand product better for your skin or not??

Thanks

The Boots Soltan is a 5 star uv rating, best you can get. I think its great value for money and I think is on buy one get one free at the minute. I personally love Malibu extremely cheap but smells divine, I always buy higher than I want though as its not the most effective. xx

I use Aloe Sunscreen from the range of products I have, love it! And the high Aloe content is really good for the skin.

Make sure you also have a good after-sun and moisturiser.

Mat xx

I have to say I use Piz Buin allergy, but that is because I get prickly heat on my feet, and this helps to prevent that. I don't think it makes much difference on cheap makes, as don't they all go through lots of testing before they go on the shelves. I have to say I would never use the Boots Soltan though, as they were found to not meet the standards, its probably been sorted now, but I would never trust them again. I think if I didn't get Piz Buin I would buy an average brand like Nivea or Ambre Solaire as there always on offers.

Am so jealous your going on holiday, have a lovely time. xx

And i use good old Avon suncream & aftersun...love it, never had a problem with it and value for money!

I've always used Tescos own on the kids and I find it really good and not to pricey, not that price comes into it where kids are concerned it was just where I was the first time I bought some for them.

Latest posts

Back