sunburn stap marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel85

Reaction score
hi i did a spray tan of friday (my first paying customer) and yesterday she got sunburn on her shoulders and now has strap marks :eek: i use sienna x, and i was wondering if i should just spray her upper area again or do a full re-spray?hanksx

I'm slightly confused here....if she got the strap marks after you originally sprayed her - why is it your responsibility to put it right? Is it not her fault? Or is she simply looking for your help....(paid I hope)!

I have from time to time, 'filled in' white bits for clients, and find what is easist to do is lightly spray the lighter area, and then once its dry, spray the whole body, but I wouldn't suggest she has a spraytan on top of recently burnt skin at all. The skin may a/ react differently. and b/ if dry from the sunburn could grab colour making it look worse.

Personally, I'd strongly advise her to wait util the whole area calms down and then you can see what your dealing with. If the lines aren't too obvious an all over tan would probably even them out quite considerably, but if there is a quite a colour difference then you can tell her you can attempt to even it out the way I suggested above, but warn her there is no guarantee of perfection on unevenly toned skin.

This is a tip for those of you who are just starting out. If you do a treatment on a client and they come back to you with a problem that was not your fault DO NOT TOUCH IT (I am not shouting just trying to get your attention lol) ask them questions as to how the problem arose then inform them politely that you can't really give them advice, they should go and see their doctor or pharmacist. That way you have covered yourself because if you try to help them it could make matters worse. If you haven't boke it don't fix it. Hope this is helpful :hug:

Latest posts

Back