Supporting yourself whilst training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmb21

Reaction score
Hi all...

I'm studying (full time) hairdressing NVQ level 2..

I have a work experience alongside to help gain some salon experience etc. but I'm struggling financially.

I am lucky in the fact that my college has been generous & I got a bursary for my kit etc but this doesn't help with food, clothes for the kids and Christmas!

I really want to be earning money but with little experience in anything other than hairdressing I'm struggling to find anything that I can apply for as it also has to fit around hairdressing :/

Also I find it hard applying for jobs that have nothing to do with hairdressing as I'm putting so much into it :(

Any advice? I could really do with it lol

Xx

Hi,

When I was at college full time I worked in a bar and then a club- with hours like 9pm-1am or 10-2. It suited me.

I'm not sure of ur full situation, so not sure if that's for you.

Or a job in a sunbeds? Evenings and weekends.

Good luck xx

I have been doing basic services like blow drying/hair ups for people and just taking a 'donation' which has kept me going also you are practicing your skills all the time. Maybe check and see what benefits you are entitled too aswell.

aw lovie,i'm feeling for you, i'm exactly the same. i only have just over a month to go before i qualify and i hoping to go on to do the HNC course, i've done ever kind of job that i could to fit in around college from working in a supermarket to working in a cafe. alongside volunteering in salons or with freelance stylists i do the hair of a loyal wee band of ladies,only taking money to cover costs, its all great for practising your skills and keeping your hand in:lol:. i know its tough but over the past two years i've never been as broke as i am but i've also never been as happy now that i'm doing what i love xxx

Latest posts

Back