Swarovski Crystal Glass Nail Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmogeek

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Anyone know where I can buy wholesale swarovski crystal nail files to retail this christmas? i want ones that come with a velvet pouch.

looked everywhere cant find any

are glass files any good for nail enhancements?
Does anyone use them as part of their routine, or only retail them?

I'm not 100% but I'm sure that Swarovski won't sell wholesale x

Does anyone know where I can get REAL crystal nail files at trade price, not glass ones, or one swith a crystal stuck on, but an acid dipped crystal file like Leighton Denny's, at trade price?
T.Y.

This is one of the 'almost' myths that I'd like to dispel.

The only difference between glass and crystal is the fact that lead is included in the making of crystal and the molecules are arranged in a more orderly pattern. The result of this is a much improved light refraction and 'sparkle'.

Crystal is slightly tougher but glass is harder. From a nails point of view the light refraction is hidden by the abrasive surface and the slightly harder surface of glass works well with the abrasion.

The abrasive surface is very effective for natural nails as it is fine and gentle. You can file backwards and forwards (Like you can with any gentle file) but ONLY if the file is angled under the free edge! The abrasion will last forever if it is cleaned regularly.

Glass and crystal does break! The files can snap if bent.

The reason I know this is because I launched a 'Crystal Nail File' about 7/8 years ago. This was toughened glass made by a famous factory that makes amazing chandeliers. It had the perfect characteristics for the use it was designed for. It won the Best Beauty Buys Instyle Awards for 3 years running and then Hall of Fame. So many companies have brought out a copy including Nails Inc and Boots.

They are effective and very pretty. A previous thread had a link on where they can be bought for retailing (Beauty Express I think) If this price is too high then the only way to do it is to buy them in their 100's or even 1000's.

I hope this has helped in an understanding of the files and dispelled some of the 'myths'!!

Thanks Marian, that's cleared that up!
I just didn't want one of the types where the file is glass and then just sprayed with the abrasive particles afterwards.
But thank you, will look at Beauty Express.x

Thanks Marian, that's cleared that up!
I just didn't want one of the types where the file is glass and then just sprayed with the abrasive particles afterwards.
But thank you, will look at Beauty Express.x

Apologies! I should have added that the best surface is either etched or sand blasted. I think many of them are. Get some samples
Good luck

these are good yes but it doesn't appear to have a retail display (small one) or pouches to keep them in. I'll keep looking but these are great and great price. i saw the stand only at another site so could get that with these files i suppose as other ones were more expensive than this.

I retails ones from NSI that have very pretty crystal designs on the end. You can also buy very nice holders too

Latest posts

Back