Swarovski pedicure - Adhesive or gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Macca

Reaction score
Hi xx

Hope someone can help :hug:

Love the swarovski pedicure, but tentative to have it salon.....purely because I don't think I would trust glue to adhere the stones to the nail plate, and gel underneath may encourage a build up of heat during a removal? Hope that makes sense, lol.

Any help would be appreciated geeks xxxxx

I'm in process of trying out the crystals applied onto resin as suggested by a fellow geek, am going to apply some to my toes and see how they last, will let you know how it goes!

I'm in process of trying out the crystals applied onto resin as suggested by a fellow geek, am going to apply some to my toes and see how they last, will let you know how it goes!

Thanks so much! :hug:

I personally prefer the resin way, I lost 5 after a few days when using a soak off gel but lasted ages with resin x

I use Cuccio SOG and most people don't loose any crystals at all.

I did have a couple of clients who lost 1, 2 or 3 crystals over the weeks but they turned out to have been dragging their feet along the bottom of a swimming pool or at the gym wearing trainers for hours and hours and then have lost 1/2 from the free edge.

I try to ask in my consutaltion if they are likely to be doing anything very active (like mentioned above) or wearing any tight fitting shoes etc.. and if they will be doing so I do my full crystal pedicure and then file the free edge a little to remove any teeny bits of the crystals that are sticking out over the free edge and then I cap the edge with a little extra gel to seal them in. This seems to do the trick and since doing that none of my clients have lost any crystals at all.

They last 5/6 weeks looking fabulous and are removed easily, I've had no mention of any discomfort during removal by any of my clients so far.

Ahh I can't get the top off my resin!! :(

I'm interested in doing this because it looks great!

When you say the resin way how exactly to you do it?

X

I use a resin, I apply a couple of coats of either coloured polish (if they are having a base of toenails done only) or base coat, brush on resin and apply. Clients love them for holidays and last for weeks x

Ahh I can't get the top off my resin!! :(
Got top off! Managed to apply a French look on 1 big toe before my 2 yr old woke up! 2 yr olds & a pot of crystals don't mix! Will let you know how they wear and will hopefully get other toe done at some point! :)

hey you have me worried now.:o
a build of of heat with gel. why would it? not a big problem is it?

i did a thin layer of gel and then cured, another thin layer of gel, applied crystals and then cured. then a finish clear and cured. and its been a few days and its still fine :)

Ok so you don't spray the resin with an activator ??

X

hey you have me worried now.:o
a build of of heat with gel. why would it? not a big problem is it?

i did a thin layer of gel and then cured, another thin layer of gel, applied crystals and then cured. then a finish clear and cured. and its been a few days and its still fine :)

When I say heat build up, I mean using a file over the stones to help dislodge them during removal......its hard removing my stones with glaze n go over the top, thats why I wanted some feed back regarding soak off gel or resin. :hug:

Thanks geeks - think I feel happier trying resin first.

Latest posts

Back