Swarovski rhinestones, can the hot fix ones be used as nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarita

Reaction score
Hi all, ive done a search and cant find what im looking for!

Does anyone know if hot fix rhinestones (the ones that iron onto your clothes) can be used as nail art?

I was going to order the normal swarovski rhinestones but noticed you get more stones for cheaper if you get the hot fix ones and they are the same size as the ones i use 1.8mm-2mm.

From what i can see they are flatbacked so in theory look ok!?

Thanks
Sara x

The hotfix stones are flatbacked - I use lots of them in my corsetry :) They do have quite a thick layer of glue on the back of them though for the hotfix wand to dissolve - this is, I would say normally around 2mm thick before it is melted.

I would say you where better to get flat backed stones and apply using your nail adhesive.

Oh i see, thanks, so the glue then melts, i didnt realise they had a layer on like that as ive never seen them in the flesh before!

Yeah i think they would protrude too high on the nail and it would look a bit odd then!? lol

I would say you where better to get flat backed stones and apply using your nail adhesive.

Hi Angie, I apply them with a tiny blob of gel then apply my shiny gel topcoat on and they last for weeks and weeks.

The reason I was asking is because its time to replenish my stones and I noticed that the hot fix where cheaper and got alot more for your money!!

Thanks x

Doesn't the topcoat take awayfrom the effect of the facets? That is why I haven't done rhinestones because when I put a topcoat over regular rhinestones they just look like round blob. Swarski is so beautiful, but I was afraid a topcoat would take away from the color and facets.

Hi uniq12u!
regular nail topcoat seems to dull them, but the uv gel topcoat is fine they still sparkle loads!

Just go over it lightly and it stays on for weeks. I got one on each big toe and i go on the treadmill on the gym- they are still on 4 weeks later!!

Sara x

Great!! Thanks for the info. Now all I have to do is buy 1 or 2 of the crystals to try.........lol!!

Doesn't the topcoat take awayfrom the effect of the facets? That is why I haven't done rhinestones because when I put a topcoat over regular rhinestones they just look like round blob. Swarski is so beautiful, but I was afraid a topcoat would take away from the color and facets.
You put a topcoat around the crystals, not on top it will take away the shine

Latest posts

Back